Pattern Reviews> Other> 0000 (Canadian Air Force Mess Dress)

Reviewed by:Auntie Susan

About Auntie Susanstar
Canada
Member since: 12/8/09
Posted on:12/13/11 10:43 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
arianamaniacs said... (12/14/11 4:18 AM) Reply
wow, what a lot of work! I hope they kicked in for your time! I can't view the pictures though, it says there is a JS error.
marec said... (12/13/11 6:09 PM) Reply
How interesting! I enjoyed reading about these projects, and looking at the photos. Great sewing, and beautiful results.
JEF said... (12/13/11 2:39 PM) Reply
Oh my goodness. My mess dress (USAF) looks very similar and I cannot imagine sewing one much less more than one. You are a saint to work on something like this with less-than-quality materials and the stringent requirements that I'm sure it had.
NoraNora said... (12/13/11 1:57 PM) Reply
I'm amazed! If I ever have a need to sew a military suit (which I'd refuse to do in the first place) I will read this and your blog carefully. Interesting review. Thank You.
sewbehind said... (12/13/11 12:26 PM) Reply
Do my eyes deceive me? A military mess kit? Canadian, no less! Are you a Canadian posted in Colorado Springs? We were posted there many years ago. Many, many fond memories. You did a fabulous job on that. I wouldn't even think of doing that.
OlindaM said... (12/13/11 11:51 AM) Reply
Gosh I quake at the thought of sewing a mess dress uniform, what a fantastic job you have done!

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns
Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Fit For Art Tabula Rasa Jacket Pattern