Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Other> 0000 (Canadian Air Force Mess Dress)

Reviewed by:Auntie Susan

About Auntie Susanstar
Canada
Member since: 12/8/09

Posted on:12/13/11 10:43 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
arianamaniacs said... (12/14/11 4:18 AM) Reply
wow, what a lot of work! I hope they kicked in for your time! I can't view the pictures though, it says there is a JS error.
marec said... (12/13/11 6:09 PM) Reply
How interesting! I enjoyed reading about these projects, and looking at the photos. Great sewing, and beautiful results.
JEF said... (12/13/11 2:39 PM) Reply
Oh my goodness. My mess dress (USAF) looks very similar and I cannot imagine sewing one much less more than one. You are a saint to work on something like this with less-than-quality materials and the stringent requirements that I'm sure it had.
NoraNora said... (12/13/11 1:57 PM) Reply
I'm amazed! If I ever have a need to sew a military suit (which I'd refuse to do in the first place) I will read this and your blog carefully. Interesting review. Thank You.
sewbehind said... (12/13/11 12:26 PM) Reply
Do my eyes deceive me? A military mess kit? Canadian, no less! Are you a Canadian posted in Colorado Springs? We were posted there many years ago. Many, many fond memories. You did a fabulous job on that. I wouldn't even think of doing that.
OlindaM said... (12/13/11 11:51 AM) Reply
Gosh I quake at the thought of sewing a mess dress uniform, what a fantastic job you have done!

BurdaStyle Magazine 03-2012-115