Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8663 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

About MNBarbstarstarstarstar
MN USA
Member since: 4/3/10
Posted on:12/17/11 11:22 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

whirrclunk said... (1/3/12 3:48 PM) Reply
I'm sorry that you're not pleased with your dress, but I think that it looks good! The color is excellent on you, and your neckline pleating is far too neat and flat to hide away! I'll try your neckline finish the next time that I try this dress, thank you for writing up the details and photos.
pdiddly said... (12/19/11 6:17 PM) Reply
despite your reservations, the dress looks really nice - I especially love the colour and it works well with the tights and black jacket
Terri A said... (12/18/11 11:10 PM) Reply
Very cute dress and I love the scarf you made:-)
Barbara V said... (12/18/11 9:31 PM) Reply
What a very cheerful color to brighten up these winter days. It looks great in the cotton/lycra and in the adjusted closer fit you chose. Also looks cozy and warm with the tights and vest.
DreinPA said... (12/18/11 7:48 PM) Reply
I think it totally looks beyond basic; but I think a narrower belt would trim the whole look. If you really want pow, you can still topstitch in a darker color. Wise choice to narrow the fit.
SewWil said... (12/18/11 7:24 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress!!!Thanks for showing the topstiched pleated detail. It really makes the dress. Great color on you.
margk said... (12/18/11 6:05 PM) Reply
Great to see dresses that look good with flat shoes! Beautiful work.
ArtAttack said... (12/18/11 3:21 PM) Reply
This is really cute. You did a great job on the pleats and the neckline facing. It fits great and looks cute with the belt. Who's to say you will ever have a hot flash? I never did!
cleverkitty said... (12/18/11 11:44 AM) Reply
I hear ya on the bunions, no kidding comfort first from here on in. Lucky you Cotton knit that I just love and can't get enough of, beautiful color on this addition to your wardrobe. You reminded me I want to make a long sleeve version :)
marec said... (12/18/11 11:17 AM) Reply
This looks great! I love the dress with the wide belt, love the colors you chose, love the tights... I understand your comment "...pretending that clogs are the new heels" :-) My new low heeled boots have been my faves this season. Finally. the stitched down pleats look terrific.
21wale said... (12/18/11 10:04 AM) Reply
I love the color and the topstitched pleats are a fabulous detail. The "facing" you did is a nice compromise between a full (floppy) facing and a bias tape finish.
JEF said... (12/18/11 9:13 AM) Reply
Really love the topstitched pleats (darts?). I think you've got to find a way to wear this to show those off. Great job on your scarf too!
petro said... (12/18/11 2:38 AM) Reply
Nice dress, you got a good fit after all the reductions. Like Annette, I think the neck pleats do add something when the dress isn't layered under things, especially in the photo with the necklace. I love the hem length you gave this, and the swingy look to the skirt. It works with flats at that level.
Annette1 said... (12/18/11 1:54 AM) Reply
SUPER CUTE dress! I really like the stitched-down pleats, and think they most definitely bring it to "beyond basic." I also like the way you did the narrow facing. I'm going to give that a shot next time the opportunity arises (ASSUMING I REMEMBER). As for HOT FLASHES, don't rush them -- ha! Now as for me, you never know when I may be FREEZING or DRIPPING! :o) Must be dripping mostly, since Bailey has taken to calling me "Flash." I love the whole look with the tights, by the way. :o)

by: shannonsew...