Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6444 (Misses' Unlined Jackets and Vest)

Reviewed by:marec

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Coat/Jacket

CallMeSu said... (12/23/11 11:29 PM) Reply
fourkid said... (12/21/11 9:00 AM) Reply
You did a fabulous job. Thanks for this great review! I t looks very nice on you - so you can wear lots of fabric :)
treefrog said... (12/20/11 4:53 PM) Reply
Looks great on you. Had a good chuckle with the "runny cotton' comment.
marthamyers said... (12/20/11 2:31 PM) Reply
Fun and useful review. Thanks. The hood is fab. I can certainly understand your frustration with such weak instructions.
Margaret said... (12/20/11 9:43 AM) Reply
I find, too, that the finishing is the main downfall of many Big4 patterns. Your version looks great! It sure doesn't sound like it was your favorite fabric, but it looks like it's soft enough to really work well with all the volume.
annie11 said... (12/20/11 9:36 AM) Reply
I really like it! I think it looks super chic on you. I do know the feeling of too much fabric though, and understand that it may not be practical for your lifestyle. Thanks for the entertaining review!
betty bushwacker said... (12/20/11 9:17 AM) Reply
I dunno Marec, it looks really nice to me. I'd love to read the dog's mind though, the look on his face sent me into giggles
cleverclogs said... (12/20/11 6:58 AM) Reply
Many thanks for the great photo! I was thinking about making this but now know (from your beautiful pics) that while it looks good on you, I'd drown in this amount of fabric. Marec and PR saved me from another tragic mistake!
jannw said... (12/20/11 1:27 AM) Reply
It looks very good on you! I hope you enjoy it's a classy look. btw that's not "dirt", it's a "basic neutral"! lol
ArtAttack said... (12/19/11 11:59 PM) Reply
LOL@Marec! I used to be a dental assistant many years ago so I got a laugh out of this review. I think it's adorable on you. Too bad it became a pain while hemming. It looks very chic on you!
PattyE said... (12/19/11 11:38 PM) Reply
I think you did a great job. I have this pattern and I appreciate your review. It will influence my choice of fabric for this piece.
21wale said... (12/19/11 9:16 PM) Reply
I think these kinds of open vests are just difficult to finish in general (I left all the outside edges raw on the version I just made). But I really like your end result. And actually, the color seems nice to me - a good neutral for interesting colors underneath. The hood is great, too.
Aroura said... (12/19/11 9:13 PM) Reply
Very stylish vest on you, and I love the hood! Great job with your seam finishes. Oh, and I like your new avatar. :)
LauraM62 said... (12/19/11 8:32 PM) Reply
It looks really nice! I appreciate the review as I've been looking at making items like this for this winter. Those kind of instructions always leave me a little frustrated.
Kim12469 said... (12/19/11 8:30 PM) Reply
I really like it!!!
Barbara V said... (12/19/11 8:20 PM) Reply
Great looking vest and great looking on you! Please do not use it for a dental shield! It's way to classy for that! This is the first time I've noticed this cool pattern and have the same "loves" for it as you do. Smart improvements on the seams and corners.

by: Zeldagirl4...