Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Lutterloh> 1979, #85 (Asian-inspired top)

Reviewed by:MatthewRahman

About MatthewRahmanstar
Member since: 11/14/11
Posted on:12/22/11 6:33 PM
Last Updated:12/22/11 6:36 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
Mufffet said... (3/13/12 10:29 AM) Reply
Nice! I love that fabric use. Looks like a good fit.
Aroura said... (12/23/11 3:30 PM) Reply
Love that top, great style on you. The print is awesome, too.
MatthewRahman said... (12/23/11 2:02 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone, this is the 1st garment I'm actually happy with, both in fit and construction, I'm getting better. 21: yeah, that is true, in general, for all pattern lines. Good thing men's styles don't change too much ('cept for those '70's) so we can keep using what's out there. BeaJay: the back wasn't cut on the fold so it's in two pieces, and those pieces, when laid flat, side-by-side, form a "Y" shape, so that when sewed together, they create a kind of hump or bend in the back. In the future, I'll probably keep the split, but invert & move the bend to my lower back rather than between my shoulder blades. How's that for a wordy answer?
21wale said... (12/23/11 11:14 AM) Reply
Nice work! It's a very fun shirt. I haven't seen many people adjusting women's patterns for men (: It's too bad Lutterloh (or anyone else for that matter) doesn't publish more options for men.
JEF said... (12/23/11 9:08 AM) Reply
I love this!
fourkid said... (12/23/11 2:30 AM) Reply
I am impressed with your fit as you go stylin'. Love the fabric. The side panels (I can just barely see them) tie in great with the cuffs and collar. Fabulous job.
BeaJay said... (12/22/11 7:51 PM) Reply
Love the top! Fabric is great. I have the Lutterloh system but are yet to try it. What is the "split back"

by: Jenny80