Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4116 (Turban, Headwrap and Caps)

Reviewed by:W

About Wstar
USA
Member since: 8/22/02
Posted on:10/21/04 1:17 PM
See other patterns in this category: Accessories
SunnyDelite said... (11/15/08 3:13 PM) Reply
I've made this pattern, mostly views B, C, D, G, & E, approx 40 times. My daughter got the first 30, and I'll continue to make hats for donations to our cancer centers. I've use all types of fabrics and colors. and often put a piece of jewelry , flower, or applicate' on them to spruce them up and give them more style. Whenever my daughter got a new outfit, I'd sew a matching hat for her to wear. I line most of them with a very soft, breatheable material, & finish the seams so they are very comfortable against the skin. My friends now give me their leftover materials from their own projects to make into hats.
W said... (10/25/04 7:20 PM) Reply
A suggestion on the fabric, as well: DARK COLORS. I made mine in a light color (white with pattern) and I think this was a mistake! Dark colors, especially jewel tones, would be superior.
Minya, Warrior Seamstress said... (10/22/04 8:35 PM) Reply
Thank you. I'd been wondering whether to pick this up during a pattern sale, and now I know that the fabric I'd like to use won't work for it.

Burda 8121