Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> No pattern used

Member since: 4/20/08

Posted on:12/26/11 1:50 PM
Last Updated:12/27/11 9:37 AM

ukmuminusa said... (1/22/12 6:52 PM) Reply
What a great idea, looks lovely too and no messing about putting it away, I have dogs so don't have this problem, but I hate putting the tree away after the holiday is finished.
JTink said... (12/30/11 8:53 AM) Reply
Thanks to you all for your kind words and the cute Kitty stories...we have to love our babies :-) Ryan's Mom, what a great idea to make one for your MIL. You could customize it to her size needs. You now have me thinking that this would be something kinda neat to do for elderly relatives. Could add pics of the grandkids, etc.
ryan's mom said... (12/28/11 10:48 AM) Reply
I love it! This year we put up our tree, put the lights on, and only put maybe 10-15 ornaments on at the top of the tree. No tinsel, garland, or anything stringy. We were very worried about our new kitten and all the fun stuff on our tree. Our older cat, Jake, still loves to climb up the middle and out the side/top, but he only does that 3 or 4X right after we put it up then doesn't have a big interest in it after that. What I would like to do is make something like this for my MIL. She is 90, recently had a plumbing issue in house and it water damaged some things including her 4-foot Xmas tree. My kids said she had no decorations up at her house so this would be a great option for her. Thanks for posting!
mssewcrazy said... (12/27/11 7:03 PM) Reply
THAT is hysterically funny-the cat's meow! I went through this with my cat and a huge poinsettia plant trying to keep them apart. Oddly she wasn't interested in the artificial tree. Maybe I need to make a felt poinsettia banner. My cat wins on issues like this so I just change my traditions as necessary. We moved the poinsettia around continuously and she would hunt it down then attack. I would have tossed it but it was a huge one a neighbor brought by and I was afraid they might come by and think I didn't like it. When it got tossed I think it had two green leaves and one red petal.
jenleeC said... (12/27/11 10:28 AM) Reply
So funny! The things we do to accommodate our beloved pets! One of our cats eats all the curly ribbon on the presents and the other pulls the decorations off the tree! Love your inventive solution.
katlew03 said... (12/26/11 8:50 PM) Reply
Cute idea. BTDT. One of DD's cats (the big one) loved to climb in the tree. Had to wire it to the wall. Your tree is much more practical.
Pj3g said... (12/26/11 3:24 PM) Reply
Cat proof tree...funny....but cute!

Sewing Workshop L2 Bag Pattern