Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 09-2010-111 (High-Neck Wrap Blouse)

Review submitted in Pattern Stash 2011 Contest

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 17 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

stitchnz said... (1/5/12 3:17 AM) Reply
I think both these tops look gorgeous on you, no hint of too much fabric under the arms!
Sewingelle said... (1/1/12 0:33 AM) Reply
Both tops are lovely. I have just finished this pattern too, in a very light cotton-silk without sleeves (not yet reviewed or blogged). I was planning to add ties to my next version and you've confirmed that! How do yours look tucked in?
Anne Cherry said... (12/31/11 5:58 PM) Reply
Genius tie solution. The soft drape of the olive version is perfect for this style.
Lizz said... (12/31/11 12:59 PM) Reply
I, too, avoided this blouse because it looked very low in front. Now I will give it another look. As a 38DD it may suit me very well! Happy New Years!
JoyceP said... (12/31/11 9:57 AM) Reply
Y'know, I really love the look of that plaid version. It seems a bit more structured surely than the flowy green. But it looks really sharp! Nice job with the fabric and the pattern adjustments.
olgarosita said... (12/31/11 9:40 AM) Reply
I know this pattern, but I avoided it because, like you, I am small-busted. I like how they look with the ties, I think they are a great addition!
KensingtonCrab said... (12/31/11 6:26 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouses! The tie was a perfect add on!
Izzie said... (12/30/11 3:42 PM) Reply
Both of your tops are lovely. I made this top as well and, after seeing yours, I realize mine would look better with ties too. Thanks for the idea and the detailed photos of how you did the ties...genius.
cleverkitty said... (12/30/11 12:41 PM) Reply
really nice tops both fabrics I love, your fabric stash or I should say your Carol collection is amazing. I had a similar experience with finding a treasure of wool fabrics and another occasion of silk thread ( every color ever made) that I'm still using. Oh the happiness of that experience and yes I laid it all out like you did, I could not be happier. Happy Sewing nicegirl...
French.Seam said... (12/30/11 12:25 PM) Reply
I love your reviews. I avoided this top because the photos make the drape look much lower (and so revealing) than the illustration appears
Mufffet said... (12/30/11 12:13 PM) Reply
Love these. Very nice style for almost anyone, not just the prime suspect here! ;) I love that this can be casual or dressy.
SewWil said... (12/30/11 12:05 PM) Reply
I think both tops are very pretty in their own way. Great review. Thanks!
Elona said... (12/30/11 11:55 AM) Reply
Both of your tops came out looking great (lots of work involved), and the underarm billowing is not visible. Underarm billow is kind of a deal breaker, isn't it, but your results are so pretty that I am almost tempted--almost--to trace this one off.
unfinishedprojects said... (12/30/11 11:03 AM) Reply
I never even noticed this top in the magazine, but you've convinced me. Love the ties.
Wino said... (12/30/11 9:20 AM) Reply
Super cute! Very flattering. Love the olive.
Pattern Work