Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1003 (Soho Pant)

Viewed 2028 times
Reviewed by:carolynD43

About carolynD43star
NY USA
Member since: 1/26/03
Posted on:10/22/04 5:51 AM
See other patterns in this category: Pants
mmelaFarge said... (7/8/06 5:29 PM) Reply
Really a helpful review. I have had this pattern for awhile and I hate tinkering but think I will give it a go. I, too, have waist and stomach problems but I wear pants a lot and would love to have one from which to make several.
flower2005 said... (11/13/05 3:08 AM) Reply
Lots of info . Thanks
dresscode said... (11/11/04 10:32 PM) Reply
I have tried this pattern 3 times, all three have fit issues. (Too baggy, too tight, poochy crotch area.) Not my favorite pant, but glad you were able to work out the issues for your self. Glad I'm not the only one having more than average fit issues.
Hilary said... (10/24/04 8:18 AM) Reply
Great review, and your pants look very nice. I have't looked at this pattern before, but I think I'll add it to my wishlist-love the smooth elastic waist!
Londa Rohlfing said... (10/23/04 10:28 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the details of what you had to do to get them to fit you so great. I, too - love this pattern, and recommend it if only for the concept of the RTW elastic application if one hasn't done that yet. So - yours is a woven fabric with some lycra for stretch, and you got away without a zipper? Thinking about it - for your body type, having made the waist larger, this would work. Lucky you - what a time-saver. Stick with this pattern now since you got it down. Go on to other things instead of refitting another slim pattern is what I'd say!
AnneM said... (10/23/04 8:37 AM) Reply
This is in the top section of my long to-do sewing list. I already have the mole-skin to try it with!
carolynD43 said... (10/22/04 1:03 PM) Reply
I've had no trouble with wrinkling, but this is a slightly heavier weight of moleskin than I've seen in some stores.
SouthernStitch said... (10/22/04 12:57 PM) Reply
Great pants - they do look great on you. I too am curious about the moleskin and wrinkles cause I want to use some for pants.
SouthernStitch said... (10/22/04 12:56 PM) Reply
They do look great on you. I too am curious about the moleskin and wrinkles cause I want to use some for pants.
D1Diva said... (10/22/04 10:22 AM) Reply
Very nice. Does the moleskin wrinkle at all after sitting in these all day? If you can make a pair of pants that fit and are comfy to wear, you need to change your skill level!
Patti B said... (10/22/04 9:23 AM) Reply
Love the slacks. This is one of my favorite pants patterns -- love the waist treatment. I too had to make a few adjustments (narrowed the leg a little, trimmed off for swayback). Every time I wear a pair of Sohos, I receive compliments .... soooo, I keep making them!
MickeyFan said... (10/22/04 9:05 AM) Reply
Very nice work. I admire your perserverance in fitting this pattern. I have this pattern and also give it two thumbs up. I have made it up several times - the secret elastic waist is a winner for sure!
Teri said... (10/22/04 8:50 AM) Reply
Your pants look really nice. Thanks for the good review.
jlg said... (10/22/04 6:06 AM) Reply
Thanks for pointing these out. I hadn't really looked at this pattern before. Thanks also for the thorough review.

by: Quickie