Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 3132 (T-shirts and Nursing Tees)

Reviewed by:AnnS

About AnnSstar
MI USA
Member since: 6/4/04
Posted on:12/29/11 9:27 PM
Last Updated:12/29/11 9:34 PM

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Maternity
GingerC said... (3/10/12 10:01 AM) Reply
I love your nursing top! I wish this pattern existed when I was nursing my firstborn for almost 3 years. I'll be ordering this and making a few, since my second child is only a few weeks old. Now to find some time to sew, LOL.
AnnS said... (12/31/11 11:30 AM) Reply
Also, the nursing overlay is slightly longer than ones I've drafted for myself but by only about 1/2 to 3/4" and while nursing it is not in the way. It doesn't bunch up around the baby's mouth and there's enough stretch in it (I used a zigzag as my 'topstitch') to move it wherever you and baby feel comfortable.
AnnS said... (12/31/11 9:22 AM) Reply
BeckyNoSleep (love your handle!) The nursing opening is indeed in the right location. However, I am 42 so perhaps my girls themselves are lower than normal (ha!) I'm not sure if you're referring to the overlay or underlay, but I think both are in the right location. The overlay is nicely fitted and hits above the waistline. Pam, do you have a V-neckband tute on your site? If so I will link to it on Pinterest when I post over there. I so need to learn a new technique ;) I did do as you said though, mainly inadvertently - I needed to sew the V part first, flat, just to keep it in place before the rest (and the instructions tell you to do this). It looks way better on me than on the form, I will have photos retaken!
JEF said... (12/30/11 11:45 AM) Reply
Gorgeous fabric and truly a lovely top.
Karine said... (12/30/11 11:22 AM) Reply
Love this one! Great fabric.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (12/30/11 8:57 AM) Reply
Another beautiful Top, Ann! The neckline looks fine...here's a little tip for your next one-- Stretch the neckband a bit more across the back curved neckline (from back shoulder to other back shoulder), than you do for the straight front parts of the V. This will encourage the trim to cup "in", rather than "out".
BeaJay said... (12/30/11 1:56 AM) Reply
Lovely. Thanks for the review.
BeckyNoSleep said... (12/29/11 10:46 PM) Reply
Good to know about the neckline band - thanks for sharing. If you don't mind letting us know - is the nursing opening in the right location? It looks a bit low relative to the armholes and I'm wondering if there is a lot of fabric that ends up draping. Thanks!

Favorite Things Little Sleep Well Pattern