Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 6625

Skill level:Beginner

Posted on:7/16/02 4:23 PM
Last Updated:7/16/02 4:24 PM

said... (7/17/02 1:07 AM) Reply
I studied myself in the mirror more closely and I have decided I don't look all that enormous in it, but something is still strange about the waistband...and despite the fact that (er, I think) I followed the marks on the pattern, the buttonholes for the drawstring are in a strange spot and are contributing to the bunching at the wrong part of the waist. Thanks for all your comments!!!! If I figure this out, I'll let you know, but PLEASE tell me if you happen to be the one with insight into this conundrum.
said... (7/16/02 8:13 PM) Reply
I don't really think this skirt would work for me but I have a friend who absolutely loves this pattern and has made it up several times. I have never seen her make it with a ruffle though, and think it looks better without. She told me that she made one for her sister, who didn't like the bustle style. She converted it to a regular elastic waist skirt.
said... (7/16/02 6:41 PM) Reply
Maven, what a comprehensive and useful review you've written. I have had some less than quick or easy sewing experiences with quick and easy type patterns too.
said... (7/16/02 5:31 PM) Reply
I saw a skirt like this on someone on the street and she looked fabulous, so I spent some time trying to imagine it on my less thin figure. It's really helpful to hear your feedback, although I think you and I are not the same shape either. (Tall and long-legged does not describe me!)

by: acmena