Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8709

Posted on:1/6/12 3:55 AM
Last Updated:1/6/12 11:38 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Other Projects by sfshaza using this Pattern

Amy T1 said... (10/21/14 11:21 AM) Reply
Looks great on you and isn't that what it is all about! You are an inspiration to me. Thnx
KathySews said... (3/1/13 10:23 AM) Reply
Amazing review. I am using this when I make the pattern. I am a secret fan and if you make the pattern, it goes on my list also.
JPForster said... (2/28/12 10:26 AM) Reply
Very nice!
moushka said... (1/8/12 4:57 PM) Reply
All your hard work created an absolutely stunning top. The fit is perfect and the details are TDF. Fabulous work. Your reviews are always so well-written, and your sewing adventures so interesting that I never miss one. Love your blog, too :)
DorothyK said... (1/7/12 8:37 PM) Reply
Actually, I think this top is extremely flattering on you. I can imagine how hard it must be to do those alterations, but you have mastered the art and the fit is perfect. I love the collar, too. Great job. I really must make this top now.
anika said... (1/7/12 2:03 PM) Reply
I think this version looks even better than the original on the pattern envelope. Fantastic! I love your style, and this top really suits you.
anika said... (1/7/12 2:03 PM) Reply
marec said... (1/7/12 11:22 AM) Reply
oh, my heart raced when I saw you in this top! It looks wonderful-the neckline is just right , the drape is perfect, the pockets are perfectly slouchy, and the color...the color is *yours*.
NJcowgirl said... (1/7/12 10:43 AM) Reply
Looks wonderful. Thank you for such a great review. The collar is beautiful. I always love what you do. Everything's so stylish and perfectly made.
Julia C said... (1/7/12 9:43 AM) Reply
The second time was obviously the charm. Looks great & definitely your style.
Amanda.Claire said... (1/7/12 8:07 AM) Reply
Your top is gorgeous! I love the color and the pleated neckline. All of your alterations were so worth it!
JillyBe said... (1/7/12 4:41 AM) Reply
I'm still in complete awe at what you've done with this top. Every detail is simply fantastic!
Diane333 said... (1/7/12 2:44 AM) Reply
This is a very attractive top. You look great in it.
Barbara V said... (1/6/12 6:40 PM) Reply
Super looking top, great fit, mighty talented seamstress!
Michele Lommasson said... (1/6/12 6:29 PM) Reply
You look awesome! Such a difference between the first version and the second. I love what you did. Your blouse is a wonderful example of why we all sew. I doubt you could ever buy anything that fits as well or flatters as much as your skillfully made custom top.
jenleeC said... (1/6/12 5:34 PM) Reply
Great review and I am so glad all your alterations have resulted in such a flattering and interesting top. I really did LOL as I read your review! The neckline detail is just gorgeous and thanks for all the extra construction info on your blog! The side by side photos are really interesting to see.
RLL said... (1/6/12 1:31 PM) Reply
I agree...this one is uber flattering.
lcdrbetty said... (1/6/12 10:41 AM) Reply
Major difference in your two versions! This 2nd top is sooooo much more flattering! Love the collarl Have this pattern & must give it a try. Great review!
nicegirl said... (1/6/12 10:26 AM) Reply
I would never guess you didn't have a successful run with this pattern! love the style, the pockets are really cool.
RadarRadiance said... (1/6/12 10:16 AM) Reply
Love this top on you and the neckline is fantastic! Very fun, classy top and great fit!
JETrinity said... (1/6/12 8:55 AM) Reply
Oh, I hate my double click sometimes.
JETrinity said... (1/6/12 8:55 AM) Reply
This is so beautiful what you did to change the pattern. Great job on you 1st and 2nd version of this.
cairncrew said... (1/6/12 7:59 AM) Reply
It looks great! I love the adjustments you've made and especially the collar. My only gripe with this pattern is that pleat in the back peplum. It has never appealed to me at all, but so much of this top does. I might have to break down and get it to try. Thank you for the wonderful review.
jlg said... (1/6/12 6:01 AM) Reply
I love what you've done with this. What a fun top.

by: pinkcatflo...