Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 2950 (Almost Bias Skirt)

Reviewed by:NhiHuynh

About NhiHuynhstarstarstar
Member since: 1/4/11
Posted on:1/7/12 2:47 AM
Last Updated:5/17/12 0:42 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people
Nancywin said... (5/17/12 10:12 AM) Reply
Your skirt turned out great. I love the longer length in the back - very current. I had skipped over this pattern even though I have a lot of Silhouette patterns. Now I may have to get this one!
Cultured Purl said... (4/3/12 1:27 AM) Reply
Thank you for the info, I am investing in this pattern company b/c I have had some really good results w/ fit so far, and while I swore I would never do 3/8 SA, it works! I love when something can be made simply and you get to wear your project the next day,,,,so this really isnt bias?? I looked at the schematic ( which is really hard to see on the web site!) and thought it could be made up w/ diff fabrics maybe?? I did get my order in for the sale tho,,, bought several other skirts,,,and some tops,,,,and some pants,,,, b/c I am really tired of fitting each time , I want to remake patterns in many different ways ( I do love basics anyway barring dresses that I like to be different) so this seemed like a good way to go~ I used to use a diff independent pattern Co but had been ready to move on ,,just felt I needed some more fitted clothing vs always a draped and very loose fit,,,,and the webcasts helped a LOT! So far,,,,so good,,love ALL the things you made, you are SO inspirational! Thanks again!
NhiHuynh said... (3/28/12 2:06 AM) Reply
I think you're talking about my hem being bias not the skirt. I probably did hang it a while before hemming just because I didn't have time to get to it. FYI the pattern isn't a bias skirt. It's called almost bias skirt because its cut straight on grain and a straight hem. Patterns are on sale right now for 2/$15.
Cultured Purl said... (3/26/12 1:50 PM) Reply
Pretty skirt,,,did you have to hang 24 hrs b/f hemming?? Love a good bias skirt, been thinking of this pattern but waiting for a sale,,,,, good Sewing to you~

The Technique of Underlining Garments