Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3200 (Blouses)

Reviewed by:Oopsy-Daisy!

About Oopsy-Daisy!starstarstar
TX USA
Member since: 11/16/02
Posted on:10/26/04 10:13 AM
Last Updated:10/27/04 2:08 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (11/27/04 1:42 PM) Reply
Mini, I'm into pattern "transplants" now, too! I did like the v neck and the hem curve, which I'll use (transplant) onto other patterns. I feel you get a much more thinner/flattering look with more fitted/raised armholes. I think it was Nancy Erickson or Peggy Sagers who pointed that out in at an ASG Convention seminar a few years ago.
Mini said... (11/26/04 8:43 PM) Reply
Thanks for the warning. I'm always glad when someone is candid about a problem pattern-that's one of the main reasons I read reviews. I have had the same problem (shoulders too wide, armholes too low) with most KS blouse patterns, even when the illustration looks like a fitted style. I don't even bother using their armholes and sleeve caps any more. Instead I borrow those features from a pattern that fits properly. I found a Simplicity pattern with a shoulder width and armhole size that works perfectly. If I like a KS style enough to make it, I graft it with the relevant parts of the Simplicity pattern. Saves much time and frustration:).
Matilda said... (10/28/04 8:59 AM) Reply
Thanks for the warning!
LiZ said... (10/27/04 2:57 PM) Reply
Very nice PJs, a great idea for testing a pattern.
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (10/26/04 8:21 PM) Reply
I was surprised, too! That seam is right past/off my shoulder, and I have a medium build. My other Kwik Sew blouses/tops in the same size didn't do this.
AnneM said... (10/26/04 7:31 PM) Reply
Pretty nice looking PJs, IMO. I wouldn't have realized it had a dropped shoulder from the pattern drawing (maybe in person, but not on the website).
CarolynGM said... (10/26/04 6:58 PM) Reply
Great way to try out a pattern and get a nice pair of pjs at the same time. I have this pattern in my stash but hadn't noticed the dropped shoulder (which I hate). Thanks for pointing this out.
Diana M said... (10/26/04 12:48 PM) Reply
What a great idea to test a pattern as pj's -- I have a pattern similar to this style that I'd like to try out that way. Thanks for the suggestion! (Oh, nice work, too.)
LisaLS said... (10/26/04 10:27 AM) Reply
That is a nice set of PJs you have! It looks very comfortable.

Other Bronte Knit Top