Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4044 (1940's Retro Suit)

Reviewed by:SavageCoco

About SavageCocostar
Member since: 1/3/12
Posted on:1/9/12 5:54 PM
Last Updated:1/20/12 12:47 PM
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Pants
Dmd4106 said... (6/23/12 7:00 AM) Reply
Great pr of pants. The belt buckle is so fab!
SavageCoco said... (1/20/12 12:38 PM) Reply
All - thanks for such great feed-back. Many have asked for more photos of which I have attempted several times to upload to no avail. Also, no pics of me in them because well, pics of me in anything isn't pleasant. However, the dress form does have legs - it is a Fabulous Fit. It's new and I'm still adjusting the foamy lumpy thingies to my shape. Thank you again for all the lovely compliments.
RMJ said... (1/20/12 9:03 AM) Reply
I think the belt makes yours look nicer than the pattern envelop photo. I notice your photos show the pants on a dress form, does the form have legs?
marec said... (1/20/12 1:32 AM) Reply
I have long admired these trousers and think your version is wonderful. Congratulations on your first review.
Aunt Gail said... (1/20/12 0:55 AM) Reply
Hi! ok. I think you did a good job telling us about your experience with this pattern. But--and don't take this as harsh--you wanted feedback. Look at how this review is one big ole solid hunk of words. Don't be afraid to use your Spacer bark! It makes for a easier to read review. Secondly Adding some extra pix is always a good thing--altho it's hard to reeber to stop and take a photo while sewing--but it sure akes the review more helpful. I loved that you didn't feel constrained to use the PR Questions and blindly just answer them - YAY, creativity reigns. For a hoot, you might enjoy the 1948 archive I found on the web and mentioned in my review ages ago of this same pattern: http://www.archive.org/details/Patternf1948 Welcome aboard, Nice job! Hugs
Sue Parrott said... (1/19/12 9:32 PM) Reply
Great job on your first review! Your front dip is wonderful--congrats that you were able to pull it off. I'd love to see a picture of you wearing the pants and no I am not a creepy lurking guy. :)
Laurie Lou said... (1/19/12 5:10 PM) Reply
I made these pants too and had "issues" with that front dip. I had more trouble with the bumps staying up but with out looking too bulky with the interfacing...issues you might think of in the constructions. Yours look perfect so great success! And nice review, thanks for the review on a great pattern. I still want to make the jacket.
nicegirl said... (1/19/12 11:40 AM) Reply
Great pants! Love that shape on the waistband.
Elemenopeo said... (1/19/12 8:30 AM) Reply
nice
halleyscomet said... (1/19/12 8:30 AM) Reply
Love to see a larger picture! I love the front.
prttynpnk said... (1/19/12 7:33 AM) Reply
Nice, really nice!
lamstu said... (1/19/12 6:48 AM) Reply
It would be great to see photos of you wearing them. Thanks for the fitting notes!
Elona said... (1/19/12 1:23 AM) Reply
Funny review, and that waistline dip looks great!
JillyBe said... (1/19/12 0:49 AM) Reply
LOVE that waistline dip! Your alterations sound like a perfect, practical improvement. Congratulations on your first review. :)
mollyshark said... (1/9/12 6:05 PM) Reply
I did a vogue version of those pants and I can hardly breathe. In a size 12, the waist measurement is slightly smaller than what it says your body waist measurement should be...and these are NOT knit! Negative "ease" in a woven, huh? Should have done a larger size but maybe I'll find a corset.