Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6594 (New Look 6594 Misses Skirts)

Reviewed by:pinkcatflower

About pinkcatflowerstar
Member since: 11/20/09
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:1/15/12 11:29 PM
Last Updated:2/11/12 5:04 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts

Other Projects by pinkcatflower using this Pattern

Miss Vintage said... (6/21/12 10:52 AM) Reply
I recently finished making a New Look skirt and was frustrated with the sizing as well. Came across your review while trying to determine if it was just the particular pattern I chose, or their patterns in general. Now I know! Thank you! Yours ended up great in the end - love the print. It was an expensive lesson for me to re-learn, having been sewing too many years for a good excuse!
Sue Parrott said... (1/16/12 10:13 PM) Reply
Your skirt is very cute. Congratulations on working through your fitting issues! A muslin is a great idea and there are so many times I regret not taking the time to sew one first before cutting into my beautiful fabric! Enjoy wearing your cute skirt!
poppykettle said... (1/16/12 8:19 PM) Reply
It's a gorgeous skirt - fitting is not exactly fun, but great when you get it right!
pinkcatflower said... (1/16/12 2:59 PM) Reply
Thank you all for your lovely comments :) Sew4Fun, I will note done what you've said about ease! And yes, I will be making at least partial muslins for now- that should save me some pain! I've learnt many more lessons.
starryfish said... (1/16/12 12:01 PM) Reply
Instead of making a muslin of the whole skirt, how about just making up the waistband. When you've got the fit just right, you will be able to see how to adjust the skirt, especially on a full one like this.
carolynw said... (1/16/12 9:58 AM) Reply
With the alterations this skirt fits very nicely - I had been reading your posting on your problems with fitting - The matched side seam is perfect and the fabric is beautiful. Perhaps making a fitting muslin will help with sizing. Keep up the good work
JTink said... (1/16/12 8:40 AM) Reply
This is just lovely. You did a very nice job and the material is beautiful.
cleverkitty said... (1/16/12 8:32 AM) Reply
Fabric is so beautiful and yes yes yes practice does make perfect. Even since joining PR I have improved :)
GoodbyeValntino said... (1/16/12 7:00 AM) Reply
Your skirt is very cute! Now that you know how to size this pattern I hope you'll make another. Great job!
Knitters Delight said... (1/16/12 2:20 AM) Reply
So nice!
Sew4Fun said... (1/16/12 0:05 AM) Reply
Gorgeous, pretty skirt! Perfect for a spring/summer day. Great job on matching that side seam too. There is no way I'd be unpicking it either. :)
Btw, the Big 4 use way too much hip ease in pants & skirts (about 3") so I always choose my size using the finished hip m'ment. I like 1" of hip ease in a standard, straight skirt.
JEF said... (1/16/12 0:03 AM) Reply
Very very very cute on you!
a7yrstitch said... (1/15/12 11:55 PM) Reply
Wonderful pairing of fabric and style and very helpful review. Thanking you for persisting so that you can share a little of your summer with us.

by: lmshull