Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1241 (Misses' Dress Kay Unger)

Reviewed by:Gordita1616

About Gordita1616
UT USA
Member since: 4/24/07
Posted on:1/10/12 3:44 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
SuzyRN said... (7/30/15 11:03 PM) Reply
I love the dress, it came out great and looks so nice on you.
Sew Good said... (9/29/13 10:57 AM) Reply
Thank you for your review. I love the sleeves.
Westy85 said... (1/15/13 10:46 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress and I love that you added the sleeves I might try it now and do the same! Looks stunning on you!
jenleeC said... (1/11/12 6:47 PM) Reply
Thanks for the warning about the neckline. I have this pattern but have not sewn it yet. You dress looks lovely and you have a great fit. I like the addition of cap sleeves.
TJSEWS said... (1/11/12 9:20 AM) Reply
The dress looks beautiful on you! And I like it better with the cap sleeves - great idea!
cindyann said... (1/11/12 8:44 AM) Reply
What a g reat version of this pattern. The sleeves really make all the difference.
Aixoise said... (1/11/12 1:21 AM) Reply
Wow! The dress looks great on you. Maybe it didn't work in the process, but it certainly does in the result.
tsedai said... (1/10/12 10:29 PM) Reply
Looks great!
Jrhee said... (1/10/12 9:29 PM) Reply
I love it too! I recently made a Kay Unger pattern, and I hand-stitched the front panels closed, which worked fine.
Knitters Delight said... (1/10/12 9:07 PM) Reply
I am surprised you rated it as "not working for you". Even though you don't plan to make it again, you look fantastic in it and the fit is superb from the pictures.
Knitters Delight said... (1/10/12 9:07 PM) Reply
I think your version is really versatile also.
Claverie said... (1/10/12 7:36 PM) Reply
I think it's a very clever adjustment. Neckline looks great!
barebear said... (1/10/12 7:11 PM) Reply
Aw, it looks fantastic on you! The fit looks really good, and I love your fabric choice. Good job!
nellc said... (1/10/12 7:02 PM) Reply
Very nice dress, your fabric is lovely and the button at the neckline is a great idea.
V8Mustang said... (1/10/12 6:18 PM) Reply
So pretty on you - great colour with your hair. I actually prefer the dress with the button at the top, it makes it look like a 1940's style. You will be the talk of the town when you strut out in that dress this spring!
Sew4Fun said... (1/10/12 5:00 PM) Reply
Nice dress! You really made it work. I like it so much better too with the cap sleeves. Great idea!
poppykettle said... (1/10/12 4:56 PM) Reply
I've been wanting to know what this dress looks like on a real live person :) Yours looks great! I'm rather drawn to your fabric's pattern too - very ususual :)
BeaJay said... (1/10/12 4:52 PM) Reply
I think it looks fantastic on you. I agree - grey hose is not the look for this dress. It is too crisp summer / spring looking to add grey hose. Love the fabric and I sure it will be a real winner for you in Spring.
crazygrad said... (1/10/12 3:53 PM) Reply
looks really gorgeous on you! Love that print!

Understanding Wool Fabrics