Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1259 (Misses' Top and Skirt)

Reviewed by:Jrhee

About Jrheestarstar
Member since: 8/7/11
Posted on:1/13/12 7:51 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts

Sweater knit fabrics

Picksy P said... (3/13/15 7:18 AM) Reply
I have just spotted your review and although it was written a while ago have already started the skirt on this pattern but I love your version. I also think you are being hard on yourself. You look fantastic in the outfit ( top included) and your husband will be proud to take you out for dinner in it I'm sure. Do you think I will be able to make your version of the skirt from a normal pencil skirt pattern. I notice V1271 is a dress. Vogue patterns are on offer at the minute so don't mind buying it but ive never done much in the way of converting patterns yet so I'm worried I may not be able to do it.
Jrhee said... (5/2/12 11:27 PM) Reply
sazzahir, thanks for the comment! (sorry for replying here - I can't send PMs) The V1271 pattern is a dress that I've also made. I just cut the skirt part of the dress without the darts, gathered the sides, and put in an elastic waistband. Feel free to email me at rheejinny@yahoo.com if you want to chat more.
sazzahir said... (5/2/12 8:29 AM) Reply
I am looking for this exact skirt pattern!!! But It doesn't seem to come up as v1271. Can you let us know the correct skirt pattern? Must make... :)
zoe said... (1/22/12 9:11 PM) Reply
Wow- your efforts and the last minute save are heroic! You look so nice ( very sexy) in your final outfit. Well worth all that effort. Wear it with flat heeled sandals and it would make a very nice summer daytime outfit too!
SewWil said... (1/15/12 1:36 PM) Reply
Great job rescuing the skirt. The final product is gorgeous. Thanks for the review.
dorothyann2 said... (1/14/12 11:10 PM) Reply
The end version looks great on you!
Jrhee said... (1/14/12 8:09 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone! I will work up the courage to venture out in it soon!
becca a said... (1/14/12 11:47 AM) Reply
You look fabulous in your black ruched skirt and top! What a great save to make a new skirt out of the pieces of the skirt you didn't like. Maybe this pattern is good for the top pattern even if the skirt doesn't work?
Claverie said... (1/14/12 8:20 AM) Reply
Thanks for posing in it. It looks great!
GoodbyeValntino said... (1/14/12 7:51 AM) Reply
Oh my.......what an ordeal. You made lemonade out of lemons and your dress is fabulous. Thanks for the review.
Sassy T said... (1/14/12 5:25 AM) Reply
Loved your review.
lamstu said... (1/14/12 3:36 AM) Reply
Great save and a fabulous outfit! Very sexy and not at all lumpy or bumpy. Thanks for forthrightly sharing your experience with the pattern.
Erin D said... (1/13/12 11:35 PM) Reply
I think your newly designed skirt is an amazing save! You were smart to take it apart to make something that you like. Hope your husband takes you out so you can show it off!

All About Linings