Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2835 (Women's shirts & leggins)

Reviewed by:sahmtodaniel

About sahmtodanielstar
WI USA
Member since: 4/8/04
Posted on:11/21/05 6:56 AM
Last Updated:10/30/04 8:55 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
See other patterns in this category: Plus

Debby Ebby said... (5/18/10 9:11 PM) Reply
I am new to this website and I have read your reviews and just love them. Thanks so much for the info. I have this pattern and now I think I'll actually try it because it looks very nice on you.
Marny said... (10/16/07 11:29 PM) Reply
Great job and a sterling review. You've convinced me that I should try this pattern
NoraNora said... (2/2/06 8:54 AM) Reply
Somehow or other I have missed your reviews up 'til now. Thank You so much for your wonderfully helpful reviews! I appreciate how through they are. BTW - you did a great job on thes shirts and they look great on you!
2sewagain said... (11/8/04 2:51 PM) Reply
Great Job! It's nice to see some plus size models and patterns featured. So often we only see the garmet and not the model! Both are needed to judge fit especially for us plus size gals. It is very much appreciated. Have you tried any of the KS pants?
Dale C said... (10/31/04 12:51 PM) Reply
All those shirts came out very nice! Thanks for the review.
sahmtodaniel said... (10/31/04 9:38 AM) Reply
Cathy, I didn't use shoulder pads since I try to aviod them at all cost! I think I can get away without them on this shirt. Sherill, these are dropped sleeves and no darts on this pattern. It is intimidating to post a photo of my plus sized self modeling, but I know I much prefer seeing a garmet on a person rather than a hanger/dress form. Thanks for all the compliments, everyone!
Karla Kizer said... (10/31/04 6:35 AM) Reply
I think you have the perfect basic shirt pattern here. They look great. (I'm a red fan, too. ) Isn't it fun to have a reliable, versatile pattern like this?
jlg said... (10/31/04 5:02 AM) Reply
Very pretty tops. I particularly like the reds; very dramatic.
Monica R said... (10/31/04 1:46 AM) Reply
Your shirt looks beautiful and I love the fabric you chose! I also love the short sleeved versions you made. Nice job and thanks for the review. I will have to make myself one now that I've seen how pretty yours has turned out.
Sherril Miller said... (10/30/04 9:33 PM) Reply
The quality of your photo is such that I can't see where the sleeves fall on you. Are they at the shoulder or dropped? My Sis would look great in this pattern. She has a tall apple shaped body with a smaller bust. Does this one have darts? Oh yea, I forgot to say that your shirt looks great. Thank you so much for wearing it in your photo. This so much more helpful to us plus-sized gals than seeing it on a hanger. The fit is right-on! Congratulations and I look forward to more reviews from you soon.
Mini said... (10/30/04 11:06 AM) Reply
It's so nice to see more reviews of plus size patterns. The proportion of this shirt looks just right for you. Thanks for the comments on the sizing and the amount of ease in this pattern.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (10/30/04 1:27 AM) Reply
Love this shirt! Thanks so much for the review of this classic Kwik Sew pattern. Can't wait to see the others. Did you need shoulder pads? You have my shoulders.
sahmtodaniel said... (10/29/04 2:36 PM) Reply
Thanks for the comments, ladies. I've learned so much from everyone here, I thought it was about time to contribute a few reviews myself! Irene, normally I choose the 4x size in KS since their sizing chart says the bust on 4x standard body measurement is 49" and mine is actually 60"! But the finished measurement given for the bust is 66" in a 4x and I didn't want that much ease (62" for 3x). Now that I've just found some nice t-shirt knit to match the suede, I wish I had made the largest size so I could wear it open over the t-shirt. Oh well... I'll try to post photos of the other two shirts this weekend.
SouthernStitch said... (10/29/04 2:35 PM) Reply
It looks like you really have the fit down perfect on this. Thanks for the warning - 12 pieces!
Ann on Red Geranium Hill said... (10/29/04 10:33 AM) Reply
Thank you for this review. I particularly enjoyed the details you included about the different versions you've made. I have been thinking about collared shirts lately for myself and how much I like some of them. The muted red of this one is really good on you.
Irene Q said... (10/29/04 9:23 AM) Reply
Congratulations on your first review, and thanks so much for the picture of you wearing the shirt! Just curious - do your measurements match the 3X, or did you size down because there was too much ease? Either way, it looks great!
Hilary said... (10/28/04 3:02 PM) Reply
Looks like a great pattern- can't wait to see the pictures! I bet the microsuede is really nice :o)

by: awesomefas...