Online Sewing Class: Understanding Wool Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 2335 (2335)

Reviewed by:Darla in PA

About Darla in PAstar
Member since: 4/10/02
Posted on:10/31/04 7:47 PM
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)
Kath in ON said... (10/6/10 8:23 AM) Reply
I wish I had read your review before I showed the pattern to my daughter! Looks like I have some work ahead of me..
sparesm said... (10/2/10 5:59 PM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed review. I'm a beginning sewer and this sounds way beyond my capabilites so I'm going to keep looking. You just saved me $12!
mbsews5 said... (5/25/06 7:29 PM) Reply
The tail on my dragon is too heavy. The directions say to make the filling firm in the tail. I had a heck of a time sewing the seam with the tail on it. My daughter had to hold the tail while I sewed. The seam still looks bad and I want to take some of the stuffing out of the tail. Argh!
momkoz said... (11/8/04 0:09 AM) Reply

momkoz said... (11/8/04 0:01 AM) Reply
i just got done making this exact same pattern 3 days before halloween. it took me 3 days cutting it all out. this was the pattern from hell! i finally ditched the hands and feet. i couldnt figure out the feet for anything. my other grandson was spose to be a dragon as well. (different colors) however, with only 3 days left, he became a puppy. thank goodness, he is only 2. sewing the heavy cumbersome tail in first was awful. i had to hold up the tail in order to sew the rest of the costume one handed. i ended up safety pinning (shudder) the back of the costume to the hood to prevent the gap. the velcro idea for the tummy is great! i had to shorten both the legs and arms. my grandson fell several times over that long tail. i will never make this costume ever again. thank goodness i am not by myself on this pattern.
AnneM said... (11/1/04 3:57 PM) Reply
I'm certain he was adorable. As Cara said, the things Mothers do for their children!
Cara Frances said... (11/1/04 11:32 AM) Reply
I can't wait to see pictures - the things we do for our boys!

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2012-117