Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2217 (Misses' Amazing Fit Dresses)

Reviewed by:MaryDB

About MaryDBstar
Member since: 2/9/08
Posted on:1/24/12 8:19 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 20 people

Peppermint1701 said... (3/25/13 1:24 PM) Reply
this looks lovely! I am just about to make this dress but just can not get the 2 front bodice parts together. I have cut out a size 12 and B-cup, but the notches just don't match up! there is far too much fabric on part 2b (the small side part to fit inbetween the notches of part 1b) I have checked and double checked to make sure I have cut out the right parts. What do I do wrong? Any help is much appreciated!
Lesia said... (8/12/12 6:55 PM) Reply
Beautifully done! I'm planning on making this soon and was glad to see that it makes up well in a print! Oh - and I got a lilttle homesick too - I'm originally from Portland but have lived in Florida for the past 30+ years.... Again, beautiful dress!
Gendun said... (4/6/12 5:37 PM) Reply
Yes, a lovely dress. :) A couple of Q's from a noob: 1. What is underlining compared to lining, pls? 2. I'm short, too, so I must be misunderstanding when you say the pattern would run SHORT bcs you are short. Wouldn't patterns be longer on you, not shorter? Thanks!
sewme47 said... (2/22/12 11:05 PM) Reply
I just found this review....beautiful dress!! You have a knack for pairing just the right fabric with a pattern. :)
Longblades said... (2/5/12 2:40 PM) Reply
I'm considering this for a wedding too. It's good to know lining might be needed, I'll watch out for that. Also the tip on the length since I'm 5'8". Love the look of yours and the fabric is just right to make it a bit more dressy.
BeaJay said... (2/4/12 2:27 AM) Reply
Great job - love the dress and your fabric. I have this pattern but it looks complicated. I am a beginner and thought I would leave it for a while but you have inspired me to try it.
Schnauzer said... (1/26/12 5:13 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! What a lovely idea to use the black velvet ribbon.
imsewcrazy said... (1/25/12 7:43 PM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful!!
prttynpnk said... (1/25/12 7:34 PM) Reply
Oh I love this, how have I missed this great pattern?
Zoomitron said... (1/25/12 10:00 AM) Reply
I agree -- yours is prettier than the pattern cover. I've had this pattern for awhile, and now I'm really anxious to try it. Your's is beautiful. Great review.
SewWil said... (1/25/12 9:51 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress! It should be the picture on the pattern because it looks so much better.
o3b said... (1/25/12 2:09 AM) Reply
It's very beautiful. The fabric must be very special...I like it in the photograph. Do you know if they still carry the fabric?
o3b said... (1/25/12 2:09 AM) Reply
annie11 said... (1/24/12 11:50 PM) Reply
Your dress is so much prettier than the one on the cover. Great job!
betsey said... (1/24/12 10:04 PM) Reply
love it! can i have it? :)
Tina Lou said... (1/24/12 9:27 PM) Reply
What a pretty dress! I love the ribbon and rhinestone trim, and it must feel very special to be able to wear your grandmother's antique buttons. Great idea!
jlg said... (1/24/12 8:35 PM) Reply
This is lovely. Great work.
Ripple Dandelion said... (1/24/12 8:26 PM) Reply
Love it--your changes sound so luxurious and I'm sure they add a lot to the drape and wearability of the dress. Beautiful.

Lekala Patterns 4273