Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6074 (Workroom from Project Runway, misses' lined coat in two leng)

Reviewed by:SewWil

About SewWilstarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 11/10/10
Posted on:1/24/12 11:30 PM
Last Updated:1/24/12 11:41 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Sweater knit fabrics

yogagran said... (12/11/14 12:33 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and plan to make it during the Christmas holidays. This review was helpful and the pictures are gorgeous!
LibraDragon64 said... (5/26/13 5:48 AM) Reply
Looks stunning, I love the fun lining you used.
AustralianWoman said... (4/10/12 5:41 PM) Reply
I picked up this pattern at a $5 clegs sale this Easter ... It looks great so now I am looking forward to sewing it in September ready for the Australian spring! Maybe i'll make a winter one as well given winter has struck early this year !
mollyshark said... (4/9/12 6:56 AM) Reply
Have this pattern and dying to make it as a long jacket to wear with silk pants. Will just have to adjust the measurements a tad to get rid of some of the unnecessary east but I can just picture it in a brocade. I love your lining. Fabulous job.
wordchick said... (3/14/12 6:51 AM) Reply
Fantastic! Love the coat...it turned out beautifully! Great review as well.
Sheila457 said... (2/24/12 11:55 AM) Reply
Loooooooove your coat and also have the pattern.
Miss Tanya said... (2/3/12 12:02 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat -- great job!
MissLadyAudrey said... (1/30/12 9:57 AM) Reply
Great coat!
imsewcrazy said... (1/29/12 8:47 AM) Reply
Gorgeous coat!! It looks great on you. Very chic! I love the lining!
Sunkissedjellybaby said... (1/28/12 8:40 AM) Reply
When I first saw the Project Runway Workroom patterns I thought they looked a little unpolished. But you have completely changed my mind on this one. It's so professional and striking.
obsessed with sewing said... (1/26/12 3:19 PM) Reply
This is really cute and looks fabulous on you! I wish I had the courage to try outerwear.
JodieT said... (1/26/12 11:31 AM) Reply
Your coat looks fabulous. I have this pattern and you inspire me to give it a try. I snooped and looked at your previous work. Your build is similar to mine, so I am so happy to find a reviewer of patterns I might like to try. Thank you.
tsedai said... (1/25/12 9:38 PM) Reply
Ooooh snazzy! I love the lining, but really the whole thing is just amazing.
Christas said... (1/25/12 8:39 PM) Reply
Very nice coat! Wow! Please send some of your sewing mojo my way! You are sewing up a storm, and each garment looks wonderful!
prttynpnk said... (1/25/12 7:42 PM) Reply
No dislikes is a perfect description- beautiful work
lamstu said... (1/25/12 7:33 PM) Reply
I can see why you are pleased! Gorgeous.
slmstyle said... (1/25/12 2:41 PM) Reply
Lovely job on your coat! The lining is great too. You really have a keen eye for fashion and great sewing and construction skills!
JillyBe said... (1/25/12 2:41 PM) Reply
I absolutely the love the lines on this - beautiful job!
CraftAddict said... (1/25/12 1:23 PM) Reply
Very cute! I also read thru the bound buttonhole tutorial. She made it look very simple.
sewbehind said... (1/25/12 1:01 PM) Reply
That coat looks really flattering on you. All the details are beautiful and love the lining.
Sewmetoo said... (1/25/12 12:20 PM) Reply
Great Jacket.
BexInMD said... (1/25/12 10:54 AM) Reply
The shape of this coat is wonderful! I love that the lining peeks out along the back curve. You made a great choice for the lining fabric.
carolynw said... (1/25/12 10:49 AM) Reply
Outstanding work makes this jacket a real head turner - I just love it and dig that groovy lining!!
ArtAttack said... (1/25/12 10:36 AM) Reply
What an accomplishment! This is outstanding and looks great on you. I keep saying I need to take a new look and New Look and now it is mandatory! Simply fabu!
cleverkitty said... (1/25/12 9:39 AM) Reply
You have knack for knowing what looks good on you and this coat is no plain-Jane, you made a wool coat thats stylish and ready for a night out :) love the drape of the hem on this coat...
jmack1159 said... (1/25/12 9:27 AM) Reply
I love your work. Looking at your previous pics and reviews, you are very talented. Thank you for sharing.
Nan Kay said... (1/25/12 8:39 AM) Reply
What a striking coat! It looks so good with your jeans too. The lining makes it fun. Nice work.
strongnow said... (1/25/12 8:05 AM) Reply
So chic! I am thinking about getting this pattern because of this review. And thanks for the tutorial which I just read and have bookmarked for future reference.
Tarrbaby said... (1/25/12 7:11 AM) Reply
I love your coat, and also have this pattern. Your coat inspires me to sew this next. Great job!
Lori V said... (1/25/12 7:08 AM) Reply
Your coat is stunning, it looks so perfect for many different outfits, plus comfortable and warm. Don't you just hate when the practice is better than the real buttonhole?
dtanner said... (1/25/12 5:53 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat!
Jrhee said... (1/25/12 1:00 AM) Reply
Very cute!
heathergwo said... (1/25/12 0:29 AM) Reply
Very nice!! Love the cool lining!
SavageCoco said... (1/24/12 11:48 PM) Reply
You do gorgeous work and have excellent taste. The Fashion Police have spoken. Carry on.

Understanding Knit Fabrics