Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6467 (Misses' Tops)

Reviewed by:Mazzygirl

About Mazzygirlstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 4/28/10
Posted on:1/25/12 6:23 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
Katharine in BXL said... (1/22/14 11:25 AM) Reply
You look stunning in this blouse. Totally gorgeous on you!
Scheri said... (5/28/12 2:36 PM) Reply
Thank you for your review. The light peach with the black tie ribbon at the waist is so pretty
Sue Parrott said... (2/20/12 4:13 PM) Reply
Really pretty and I'd love to see a view of the back!
Annette1 said... (1/29/12 3:55 PM) Reply
This has got to be one of the prettiest blouses I've ever seen, and the color is gorgeous on you! :o)
SewWil said... (1/27/12 10:35 AM) Reply
How did I miss this pattern?!!! Your blouse is beautiful and so flattering on you.
Schnauzer said... (1/27/12 0:38 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse. Very pretty colour.
AuntieShel said... (1/26/12 8:04 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful!
1SewSweet said... (1/26/12 7:48 PM) Reply
What a beautiful top! This is one of my favorite colors too! I love the option with the belt too! I agree with you about the lighter weight fabric...that would be very pretty as well. Great job!
carolynw said... (1/26/12 6:52 PM) Reply
I am in love with your top and it's in my colour too so if you get dis-satisfied with it I'll send my address - in the meantime am getting this pattern for sure. I like it best without the belt but both ways look nice.
marec said... (1/26/12 12:45 PM) Reply
Romantic, ethereal, feminine...just lovely on you.
Bonnie123 said... (1/26/12 11:52 AM) Reply
Beautiful....I am so glad that you reviewed this pattern. I looked at it twice and thought that I would eventually purchase this pattern. Great job. I love the color choice. Its so bright and soothing.
Tina Lou said... (1/26/12 11:27 AM) Reply
Thanks for an excellent write-up; I've saved it for your hemming tips. I have this pattern, so I'll follow your advise when searching for just the right fabric. I think the top looks lovely on you.
Aroura said... (1/26/12 11:19 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review! I have this pattern cut and ready to go, so it is very helpful. Love your top!
Nancy Rhodes said... (1/26/12 7:25 AM) Reply
Your blouse is a real head turner.. Jusy lovely!
Sassy T said... (1/26/12 6:47 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous. The flounce is incredible
annie1129 said... (1/26/12 0:19 AM) Reply
Very nice!
Mazzygirl said... (1/25/12 11:35 PM) Reply
To answer the question for hemming, I hemmed as per the instructions.... they have you sew 1/2" from the edge.... then turn under on the stitching line & stitch close to the folded edge.... then trim the excess fabric close to the stitching.... turn again & stitch close to the folded edge again.... voila! a beautiful rolled hem! I have a rolled hem foot, but actually find this method much easier to do.... more stitching & trimming to do, but with difficult fabrics, you get a much better result. Thanks for all the lovely comments, I'm really pleased with this blouse.
Nan Kay said... (1/25/12 10:51 PM) Reply
What a pretty blouse! it looks so elegant with the black!
tsedai said... (1/25/12 9:41 PM) Reply
Lovely!
dingyadi said... (1/25/12 9:41 PM) Reply
So pretty!
Jrhee said... (1/25/12 7:51 PM) Reply
Wow, I love this blouse too! Did you use a narrow hem foot for the flounce, and if so, what is your secret?
karen n said... (1/25/12 7:14 PM) Reply
Romantical! (as Tigger would say). Please reveal how you hem that type of fabric.
RadarRadiance said... (1/25/12 6:50 PM) Reply
Just a beautiful feminine top and flows so nice. Great color for you.
Christas said... (1/25/12 6:49 PM) Reply
I am so thrilled that I bought this pattern at the last pattern sale! Your top is so feminine & elegant..... beautifully sewn, too. I love it!

Other One Yard Wonders