Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2908 (Women's Stretch Jeans)

Review submitted in Jeans Contest Contest
Reviewed by:margk

About margk
NSW Australia
Member since: 6/10/08

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:1/31/12 7:26 PM

See other patterns in this category: Pants
Margaret said... (2/21/12 5:49 AM) Reply
Very nice! I really like the color combination, and the fit looks great.
redrockcity said... (2/16/12 9:01 PM) Reply
Those look great! I love the black denim with the purple topstitching!
Oh2Sew2 said... (2/12/12 9:48 PM) Reply
Wonderful jeans! I do need to give these a go...
dreamdesigner said... (2/12/12 5:28 PM) Reply
What a fantastic fit!!
Lauri Strandell said... (2/9/12 6:10 PM) Reply
oh my godness - those are sooo super great. What a great job, it makes me want to buy this pattern. GREAT job!
annakeeton said... (2/6/12 6:01 PM) Reply
These jeans are great inside and out. The topstitching thread on black denim is a great touch.
Jamie Eden said... (2/5/12 6:33 PM) Reply
Love the top stitching, they look really nice. Rivets and back pockets... I'm jealous!
Amy-may said... (2/3/12 10:51 PM) Reply
My side seams came out exactly the same as yours. I'm wondering if she left a 3/4 seam allowance for making a flatfelled seam?
Maree P said... (2/3/12 8:28 PM) Reply
Great jeans (and sewing) Marg.
morzel said... (2/3/12 9:29 AM) Reply
Seldom saw such great fitting jeans! A little bagginess must be in jeans, otherwise you wouldn't be able to move your leg forward. The whole look is very RTW - well done!
julie w said... (2/2/12 5:23 PM) Reply
Fantastic jeans, very professionally made and the attention to detail really shows. Love the topstitching, the braid and overall finish.
Sharonspils said... (2/1/12 10:20 PM) Reply
Fantastic jeans and your rivets look perfect. Thank you for the tip about the waistband, this is part I'm not looking forward to on my jeans.
Elizabeth made this said... (2/1/12 8:10 PM) Reply
Well done. I really like the age lines--they add so much character.
Schnauzer said... (2/1/12 4:46 PM) Reply
Superb!
tsedai said... (2/1/12 12:34 PM) Reply
These look fabulous! I just got a bunch of Jalie patterns for Christmas (including the jeans) and my goal it to make them up sometime during this year. Thanks for the helpful review!
kjcaron said... (2/1/12 8:51 AM) Reply
Your jeans came out great! I love the topstitching!
Karine said... (2/1/12 8:48 AM) Reply
Bravo! That bit of braid is a nice touch. They look fantastic on you.
tess said... (2/1/12 4:32 AM) Reply
These really do look amazing on you!
velosewer said... (2/1/12 4:29 AM) Reply
Super cute with the top stitching and waistband finish. Your version is great.
fractal said... (2/1/12 3:13 AM) Reply
Your jeans are wonderful - excellent work! Thank you for your detailed explanation of how you did the waistband. I would like to copy this for my next pair :)
Seabreeeze said... (2/1/12 2:19 AM) Reply
Fantastic job Marg, you have done a professional job. I loved the bit of braid.. they look so much like RTW.. Congratulations!
Luckylibbet said... (2/1/12 1:48 AM) Reply
Beautiful workmanship, and terrific pair of jeans that fit so well!
treefrog said... (2/1/12 0:46 AM) Reply
Fantastic jeans Marg! I love the personal touches like the colour of the topstitching and the waistband fabric. And they look sooo good on you!
SewWil said... (2/1/12 0:07 AM) Reply
Fantastic looking jeans! Great job on the topstitching.
goosegreen said... (2/1/12 0:05 AM) Reply
Love the topstitching colour, love the lining, love the rivets, love the whole box & dice. Fantastic job Marg and they look so good on you. :)
jenleeC said... (1/31/12 10:55 PM) Reply
Your jeans look terrific! Great fit and beautiful finish with your perfect top-stitching, pocket braid, and rivets. These are a perfect!
Raye Ann said... (1/31/12 10:50 PM) Reply
They look great! Definitely professional quality work and fit!
QuiltSewSewSue said... (1/31/12 10:22 PM) Reply
Fabulous jeans - you have achieved a great fit and finish! Also a great review of this pattern - thank you!
lynny said... (1/31/12 10:08 PM) Reply
Fabulous jeans, and brilliant waist band treatment, will definitely try this technique. Thanks for such a detailed review.
helenkosings said... (1/31/12 9:56 PM) Reply
They are FABULOUS!
JDpenelope said... (1/31/12 9:49 PM) Reply
What a terrific result and review. Seems that you have a tnt pattern here. I agree that the details make your project special and you seem to have them all! If ever get done, I'll also enter this contest, with black stretch denim, too. But your entry is stiff competition.
simplystitches said... (1/31/12 9:21 PM) Reply
Great job. Love the topstitching thread color. I just finished my first pair of Jalie's and am glad to see I'm not the only one that had side seams not meet. In ALL the reviews I read I don't remember anybody saying they had a problem.
Terri A said... (1/31/12 9:16 PM) Reply
Your jeans are fabulous!!!!!!!!!!! Very cool.
BeaJay said... (1/31/12 8:37 PM) Reply
Wow - love your jeans - what a great job you did and yes - the braid looks great there. Good job on the stitching too.
Renata said... (1/31/12 8:29 PM) Reply
All your hard work has certainly paid off. Great jeans, better than RTW. I will try that front waistband treatment on mine. I am up to that part so your review was very timely. And I love your last front view photo, you are a show-off!!
Skye said... (1/31/12 8:23 PM) Reply
These look really great - love the topstitching and the braid in the pocket - I think I will be copying that idea. Nice jeans :)
Zacky said... (1/31/12 8:02 PM) Reply
Great work on all the details! Really like the inside waistband fabric.
Elona said... (1/31/12 7:55 PM) Reply
Great fit! You got a spectacular result from this pattern.
JEF said... (1/31/12 7:48 PM) Reply
Wonderful! Great review and your jeans look fantastic. I love the topstitching choices. I still haven't put rivets on jeans - yours look great and make me want rivets!
JenniferBee said... (1/31/12 7:44 PM) Reply
Beautiful workmanship a great pair of jeans, and a comprehensive review, congratulations!
misslydia said... (1/31/12 7:29 PM) Reply
I'm amazed. i never knew jeans could come out so well at home!

by: Sheila457