Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8248 (MISSES'/MISSES' PETITE SHIRT)

Reviewed by:E.A.Y.

About E.A.Y.
Member since: 1/25/12
Posted on:2/2/12 6:11 PM
Last Updated:2/2/12 6:12 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people

E.A.Y. said... (2/27/13 11:18 AM) Reply
I was thinking about this blouse again. One reason the dolman sleeves don't look like dolman sleeves is that I have very square shoulders. If you have sloping sholders, it won't look the same.
lcdrbetty said... (3/21/12 10:10 AM) Reply
Very pretty blouse! Fit looks great. This is my next project, so thanks for the great review.
EyeSew1 said... (2/19/12 6:45 PM) Reply
Love the blouse - well done - beautiful fabric!
waltzqueen said... (2/7/12 2:10 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and I'm delighted you had such a good experience with it. It's on my list!
E.A.Y. said... (2/3/12 8:33 PM) Reply
Elaray, I think it would be pretty easy to size up, especially if the collar and neckline fit you in a 20.
marthamyers said... (2/3/12 11:57 AM) Reply
Cool blouse and great choice of fabric for it. I'd love to hear more about your adventures (re)learning to use the old Singer buttonholer. I have my mom's old Singer with that cool device but I'm afraid to try it and Mother is gone. :(
swany said... (2/3/12 10:10 AM) Reply
This looks like a keeper. I love the print.
Elaray said... (2/3/12 9:02 AM) Reply
I love short sleeved woven blouses! I sew mostly from BurdaStyle Magazine and they rarely show classic styles like this one. I'm on the lookout for this type of blouse and I'm glad you reviewed this pattern. I'd have to make a muslin first, because I usually make a 22 top, but I'll certainly investigate this pattern further.
grey ann said... (2/3/12 5:47 AM) Reply
I agree, it fits nice and at first I thought the sleeves WERE set-in. The print worked up so nicely too.
FreyaStark said... (2/3/12 4:52 AM) Reply
I am envious because when I made this pattern a few years ago, before joining PR, it did not work for me. I found it much too tight in the hip and too short in the body. Now that I know more about fitting I could probably make a better fist of it. A very nice shirt; enjoy wearing it.
E.A.Y. said... (2/3/12 1:10 AM) Reply
Thanks, everyone for the kind words! The cotton I used made all the difference, I think. It is lightweight but fairly tightly woven - crisp-ish - and I think that helps make the blouse look its best. I'm not sure a soft floppy fabric would be as nice.
SewWil said... (2/2/12 10:25 PM) Reply
Pretty blouse! I would never have looked twice at this pattern but I may have to buy it.
margk said... (2/2/12 9:53 PM) Reply
It looks better than "OK" to me! Nice!
Christas said... (2/2/12 9:05 PM) Reply
I think your blouse looks great! What a nice fabric choice, too!
Elona said... (2/2/12 8:38 PM) Reply
The real thing is as pretty as the illustration, which is rare, I think. And I agree: that is an amazing fit for a dolman sleeve.
Sew4Fun said... (2/2/12 8:33 PM) Reply
Great blouse, fit and pattern matching across the front! Like AuntieShel I had to look twice because I couldn't believe a dolman sleeve could fit so well. Very nicely done.
AuntieShel said... (2/2/12 8:15 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous blouse--love the print!! I could not believe that perfectly fitted blouse had a kimono sleeve!!
jlg said... (2/2/12 7:55 PM) Reply
I agree. It looks very nice on you. Pretty fabric.
lamstu said... (2/2/12 7:11 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse and looks fine from here!
Claverie said... (2/2/12 6:45 PM) Reply
What a pretty print. Made for a really cute blouse.
Pattern Work