Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7908 (Claire Shaeffer's Jacket)

Reviewed by:CSchiffgens

About CSchiffgens
Member since: 4/19/04
Posted on:11/4/04 7:59 PM
Last Updated:11/5/04 7:32 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
WJean said... (10/17/06 8:22 PM) Reply
This jacket is very good looking. You did a superb job. Thanks for the review.
Re Becca said... (9/14/05 10:06 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for the review. I have this pattern. I even have it cut out and much of the interfacing is attached. However, I stashed it when school started, you inspired me to get it out and start again. The instructions are pretty easy for this level of tailoring. I got this pattern because it reminds me of the Alfred Hitchcock movie "Vertigo". It is so great to see that you photo looks even better than the pattern. I love the bright blue of the fabric.
mrs quickly said... (11/28/04 6:58 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. Looks like a perfect fit too. I never would have guessed from the pattern photo that this jacket has such a vintage look. I would love to see more of your work.
carnelian said... (11/6/04 6:40 PM) Reply
Zowie! And it does look etter on you. I'm inspired. I'm always searching for vintage clothing with this look. Now I can make it.
carnelian said... (11/6/04 6:35 PM) Reply

carnelian said... (11/6/04 6:34 PM) Reply
Zowie! And it does look better on you. I'm inspired. I'm always searching for vintage clothing with this look. Now I can make it.
Modiste Madness said... (11/6/04 3:29 PM) Reply
The jacket is perfect for you and a wonderful fabric choice.
Sew it seams said... (11/6/04 9:11 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and fabric choice. I love the cut of the waistline. Your review was very helpful. I'll have to look into the Minott Method you mentioned.
KathleenS said... (11/6/04 1:54 AM) Reply
Beautiful work and thanks for the helpful review. It sounds like a good pattern.
Jennie Pakula said... (11/6/04 0:40 AM) Reply
Fantastic job, well done! I have cut out the pieces and will be doing a fitting shell sometime soon - you've really inspired me to get on with it. You're right, it's wonderfully flattering and the seam on the front has much more impact on you than on the dress form. I love the brooch too - really suits the vintage mood of the jacket.
Jennifer shaw said... (11/5/04 11:03 PM) Reply
Your jacket is so gorgeous! Thank you for the review.
Elemenopeo said... (11/5/04 9:05 PM) Reply
Very elegant. Is indeed very flattering on you. I would make more if I were you!
mag said... (11/5/04 7:53 PM) Reply
Thank you for your review. Your jacket is beautiful. I was thinking of purchasing this pattern, but was scared by the advanced rating. Your review is making me think otherwise. Thanks again.
Lorna C. Newman said... (11/5/04 7:43 PM) Reply
Eureka! You got it! What a beautiful jacket! I have a Burda gown with a similar side panel only the panel is much longer and extend below the hipline. Did you have to do any bust adjustments? I ask as I am still working on the adjustments to said gown.
CSchiffgens said... (11/5/04 7:33 PM) Reply
Ok! I think I finally got the picture big enough to see.
CarolynGM said... (11/5/04 3:48 PM) Reply
I just love your jacket. Your lovely results inspire me to get on with using this pattern rather than letting it languish neglected in my stash.
JoleneF said... (11/5/04 3:20 PM) Reply
This does look great. Thanks for the review.
candyo said... (11/5/04 1:51 PM) Reply
wow, great job! When you resize, it tells you the dimensions of the pic after the % you can reduce it to. Just make sure it's at least 200 or more. After you've resized, click on the photo to make sure it's the size you want. Hope that helps, and welcome to PR! PS- if you have problems, come to the message boards and we will help you.
CSchiffgens said... (11/5/04 11:51 AM) Reply
I will try to fix the picture problem tonight. This is my first review and I'm pretty clueless. I looked at it today at work and I think there is a tiny blue speck that is supposed to be my picture. Whoops. Linda L. The Minott Method is an adjustment method that works with the pattern company's fitting pattern. I just love it. It has solved all of my fitting problems. I will try to write more on it in another post. D1Diva - This pattern can easily be adjusted for waist lenth. I have to lower mine, and all the markings are on the pattern. The pocket does not get in the way. Mary T. I'll have to read that tip. It was an accident. I didn't really use it. Again, I'm a beginner. Thanks y'all. The pattern is really nice. I don't think the picture on the envelope does it justice.
carolineG said... (11/5/04 11:12 AM) Reply
wow - looks amazing in the Thumbnail - could you fix the photo so we can see it bigger?
AnneM said... (11/5/04 10:32 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review; I had to get this one when I saw it. Ditto on the picture problems.
D1Diva said... (11/5/04 10:04 AM) Reply
This looks really nice! I am short waisted, so I need to adjust for petite by shortening above the waist by an inch or so on my tops/jackets. On some patterns, this can be difficult to do, at least for me. Do you think this would be a problem with this pattern?
SouthernStitch said... (11/5/04 9:48 AM) Reply
Your jacket is just beautiful. Thanks for including the tip - I'd missed that one.
Danvillegirl said... (11/5/04 5:55 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket. I have not seen this before. What is the Minott Method for alterations? Not heard this name before.
Hilary said... (11/5/04 5:31 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks great, even even though its a teenie picture :o) I want to get this pattern, and your review is encouraging! Thanks!
CSchiffgens said... (11/4/04 11:13 PM) Reply
I can't view my photo either. I think I resized it too small?
Lisa Laree said... (11/4/04 11:02 PM) Reply
I've got this pattern; I need to pull it out. It is such a cool looking jacket The couture stuff can be a bit intimidating; nice to know it doesn't have to be that difficult! (btw, while I could see the thumbnail photo, I can't see the picture when I click on it, either. Looks least what I can see! ;) ).
joan said... (11/4/04 10:29 PM) Reply
I was not able to view your photo. The page was blank.

BurdaStyle Magazine 08-2005-102