Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8747 (Misses' /Misses' Petite Shirt)

Reviewed by:ArtAttack

Last Updated:1/29/12 11:45 PM

Available for sale on PR: $20.62 $27.50 Pattern Details
Available for sale on PR: $20.62 $27.50 Pattern Details
canei said... (3/27/13 8:10 AM) Reply
I love the fit on you. The fabric is awesome. Everything is great. I am so getting this pattern.
Carmel09 said... (4/4/12 10:14 AM) Reply
Love it! I'm scared of button fronts, but you have inspired me to try it!
Sassy T said... (2/15/12 4:01 PM) Reply
Love this pattern. On my wishlist. Jeez this list is getting sooooo long.
ggf2005 said... (1/30/12 2:41 PM) Reply
Love your blouse, love the color and fabric. I'm so happy that they are featuring more patterns with cup sizes.
ArtAttack said... (1/30/12 2:12 PM) Reply
LOL@Amanda.Claire! I would imagine I might still turn a few heads...at an AARP convention! I use my high bust measurement for fit, which is a 12. Normally, I would do an FBA but this pattern had cup sizes. I sewed a straight 12 with the D cup and it worked like a charm. My guess is I would have had to grade out a little at the waist and hip for fabric with no stretch since that little extra you get with the standard FBA wouldn't be afforded and this is a really fitted shirt. :)
Amanda.Claire said... (1/30/12 1:11 PM) Reply
OMG! Your fit is amazing! Did you use your measurements or go down a size because of the spandex? You are so right about RTW swimming when the bust fits. Ooo Lala, heads will be turning!
ArtAttack said... (1/30/12 12:43 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone, for your kind comments! I love this shirt and I'm envisioning a little V8747 section in my closet!
rutaliet said... (1/30/12 9:34 AM) Reply
Now that's a perfect fit. Beautiful !
Nan Kay said... (1/30/12 9:16 AM) Reply
I'm really glad I bought this pattern. I never wear blouses but all the reviews for this are so good. Yours is super ! The fit is spot on!
GoodbyeValntino said... (1/30/12 7:46 AM) Reply
I've considered this blouse for a while and your blouse is bringing me one step closer to buying it. Love your top!
FreyaStark said... (1/30/12 3:49 AM) Reply
Wow! A fabulous shirt and a perfect fit. I, too, thought it was a turtleneck until I clicked on the review. The fabric is lovely; very crisp and cool looking.
Anne Cherry said... (1/30/12 3:23 AM) Reply
Wow - that blouse fits you superbly! Love the fabric - content, print and colour!
margk said... (1/30/12 3:10 AM) Reply
Lovely blouse. Great fabric choice and fit!
SavageCoco said... (1/30/12 1:11 AM) Reply
Oh, well done!
SavageCoco said... (1/30/12 1:11 AM) Reply
Oh, well done!
SewWil said... (1/30/12 0:09 AM) Reply
Your blouse is beautiful! Great job! I really need to get to this one and now I need to add the version without the collar to the list as well.
karen n said... (1/29/12 11:56 PM) Reply
I thought this was a knit turtleneck from the thumbnail so you got an incredibly great fit in this!
Jrhee said... (1/29/12 11:50 PM) Reply
Gosh, you don't mess around - didn't you just comment on my blouse 4 days ago? And here you are with yours completed! Your's is so sharp - I must make one without the collar now, and I think I will try to look for something like the kind of cotton you used.

by: Sheila457