Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4919 (Retro '52 Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:rooskie

About rooskie
WA USA
Member since: 9/29/06
Posted on:1/31/12 10:32 PM
Last Updated:1/31/12 10:34 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear
Gendun said... (10/10/12 12:45 PM) Reply
It's adorable! It makes you smile, not laugh. :) The red front bodice is perfect in so many ways. 1) The solid sets off your face & colouring more. 2) It actually 'pops' the red in the lobster print. 3) By NOT putting it everywhere it proves that you are not just blind to the theme. Quite the reverse. It says, "I am fully aware this is a crazy sort of print, and I'm proving it by having the sense not to put it on everything." That makes you look like what you are, a playful, witty person. Really like the shoulders, too. They look very natural, like they belong to the pattern. The crinoline adds to the fun, too, by winking playfully at the whole retro look thing. NICE.
BrendaJoyce said... (7/20/12 8:10 PM) Reply
Don't save that adorable dress for a special night out, where it to the grocery store and show off! I just bought that pattern today and I can't wait to get started. Great review!
Bstitchin said... (4/4/12 8:28 PM) Reply
Im peeking thru reviews as im having fitting "fears". I need a 16 bodice and 20 waist and im a little intimidated! Great review and I admire the bodice elastic hooks! How clever, I do believe I shall copy. Your lobster dress is so cute, you should wear it out and about!
lamstu said... (2/12/12 5:14 PM) Reply
When I saw the silhouette, I thought "square dance" and then I saw the lobsters :) So you found a lot of inspiration from sewing this dress and that is fantastic!
ChristmasHills said... (2/1/12 4:55 AM) Reply
That dress looks like so much fun. You could go and learn to dance, maybe the Lindyhop, if you don't know already how and have such fun in that dress. I like it both with and without the petticoat. Love it. You sound like a lot of fun too.

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS