Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2067 (Misses Costume)

Reviewed by:yourlovealive

About yourlovealive
Member since: 3/5/09
Posted on:2/3/12 9:17 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Costumes
xoxcandiexox said... (9/16/12 2:26 PM) Reply
great review but I'm a VERY beginner sewer and I'm doing the tutu and I can't understand the pattern directions on the tutu yoke at all. Can anyone explain the yoke to me???
kreleia said... (6/2/12 8:07 PM) Reply
Excellent review. I really like your suggestions of using an interlining between the front fabric and the lining fabric, and making the bone casings that way. I picked up this pattern on a whim, and when I read that they wanted you to put the boning directly onto the wrong side of the outside fabric, I visualized a very, very lumpy bustier - it would look awful, unless you were to use a heavyweight weave. I'm pretty sure most people don't want that to be the case. That being said, I think I'm going to give this a try since I would be using it for exactly what you said - a costume. :) Thanks a bunch for the great tips and advice!
JEF said... (2/4/12 10:23 AM) Reply
Great review and the bustier looks wonderful. I did notice the awesome fabric right away!