Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2111 (Men and Boys Dress Shirts)

Reviewed by:berninafan

About berninafan
INDIA
Member since: 7/28/06
Posted on:2/4/12 8:00 AM
Last Updated:3/13/12 0:28 AM

berninafan said... (2/4/12 11:15 AM) Reply
Sandra, thank you for the tip about printing instructions from the jalie website; I didn't know that! And Ripple, I apologize for the lack of pictures; hubby will be surprised with the shirt later on this week, so photos will be taken and posted as soon as the shirt is actually on his back ! Celticstitcher, I only started making mens' shirts when I got this wonderful pattern, until then all I had were a couple of Simplicity patterns with no collar stands, and I don't really like that look. You should definitely give it a go . I personally find it quite difficult to get hold of really good ready made boys shirts, and this pattern really fills a void.
Celticstitcher said... (2/4/12 10:08 AM) Reply
Thank you for an ecellent review, there are 6 men/boys in our house but it has never occured to me to make them shirts! I might just give it a try
Sandra T said... (2/4/12 9:06 AM) Reply
I agree with your comments about tracing. I love Jalie patterns, but I only plan on tracing them first thing in the morning when the light is best, and my eyes aren't tired. I'm not sure about this particular pattern, but I've always been able to go to the Jalie website, and print off the instructions for any of the patterns I've got, so that they are on a separate page, and I don't need to refer to the instructions on the master pattern piece.
Ripple Dandelion said... (2/4/12 8:30 AM) Reply
Your use of this pattern sounds so great; I would love, love to see some pictures!

Simplicity 7071 OOP