Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Other> 065 (Favorite Things - Shoulder Bag)

Reviewed by:Lori V

About Lori Vstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/20/02
Posted on:11/7/04 7:42 PM
Last Updated:11/7/04 7:47 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
DarkCrystal said... (4/11/07 2:01 AM) Reply
I made the smaller purse and I really love it but I made it a second time and did it without the bias tape. I just attached it at the top and turned it RSO. I made it out of corduroy both times and doing the bias tape thing like the pattern maker suggested was very difficult to do. Plus it's a lot more work and I tend to be lazy about finishing things off. Really great pattern though.
Sew it seams said... (2/11/05 8:35 PM) Reply
Very, very cute bag! My 17 yo DD would love it too. And Anne in Victoria, I like small purses for exactly the same reason. :) DH always hands me his cell phone, suglasses, etc.
anna mermaid said... (2/11/05 10:39 AM) Reply
Lori, your purse looks great! I love small purses (people like DH's don't give you things to put in them) so will probably make this up.
Darla in PA said... (11/8/04 9:23 AM) Reply
Great review! Very timely, as I just got this pattern in the mail this past week. I thought the purse would be a little larger too. However, I don't carry a large bag to begin with. The bag looks great.
Jan B. said... (11/8/04 7:47 AM) Reply
Very nice, but v-e-r-y small!
sheree said... (11/7/04 10:34 PM) Reply
Great purse! Love the fabric choice!
BjP said... (11/7/04 9:40 PM) Reply
Very pretty fabric and I do like this pattern with the flap. Your button matches very well and looks great on it. I agree that we tend to want bigger purses but this is really cute and every once in awhile it would be nice to carry one this size!

Self Drafted Pattern 161990-1000