Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2971 (MISSES' TOP AND SKIRT)

Reviewed by:arianamaniacs

About arianamaniacsstarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/11/04
Posted on:2/5/12 11:23 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts

Vesta Patterns

Mel.J said... (3/24/12 7:15 AM) Reply
Gorgeous. I like the back, actually, that bustled look appeals to me.
lesliez said... (2/7/12 11:24 AM) Reply
Your skirt is fantastic. I love your choice of black and white fabrics, so elegant. I have fabric waiting to be cut in this skirt. Like so many others who've commented, you've inspired me to move it up in my queue.
DorothyK said... (2/6/12 12:04 PM) Reply
This is wonderful. I love your fabric choices. It's time for me to make this. Thanks for your review.
FreyaStark said... (2/6/12 9:53 AM) Reply
Very stylish and distinctive. Your version is nicer than the one on the pattern envelope.
lamstu said... (2/6/12 0:44 AM) Reply
Your fabric choices are perfect for this skirt. Good to know how to shorten it and your comments about the elastic waist and construction of the back panel too. Love your result!
Blooms said... (2/5/12 8:20 PM) Reply
Great fabric choices! I like the back. This has turned out a very unusual, yet stylish, skirt.
Ann Smith said... (2/5/12 7:55 PM) Reply
Wonderful.. I love your fabric selection. I've been pulling out fabrics for this recently and find it quite difficult to get a nice mix.
solosmocker said... (2/5/12 7:00 PM) Reply
Fabulous! I love it and your fabric choice is wonderful.
marec said... (2/5/12 5:05 PM) Reply
I really like this skirt in these colors. So nicely made and wonderful style. The back looks good!
sfshaza said... (2/5/12 4:48 PM) Reply
Your version is gorgeous! just gorgeous!
Clareew said... (2/5/12 3:44 PM) Reply
Thank you for your review. I have this and fabric in my stash -I have been waiting for years to lose weight before I make it. Your version gives me inspiration. Thank you too for the great information about shortening.
Claverie said... (2/5/12 3:13 PM) Reply
How BRAVE of you to attempt this. As an advanced sewer, it's not that you couldn't, but that the pattern might not have turned out as wonderful as it did. Glad you did this review. Looks great!
sewbarbie said... (2/5/12 3:12 PM) Reply
this is beautiful, well done!
Kayseri said... (2/5/12 2:10 PM) Reply
Fabulous, fabulous skirt!
Aroura said... (2/5/12 11:36 AM) Reply
This looks fantastic on you! I don't think the back looks bad at all, it all hangs down the center back, looks nice actually. Yours looks SO much better than the one on the envelope. Love your fabrics!