Brother
Brother

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6513 (Misses' Tops)

Reviewed by:blue mooney

Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 12 people

Home Sewing Depot

Home Dec Sewing Supplies

TJSEWS said... (2/9/12 12:52 PM) Reply
I think the top is pretty and looks really good on you. I love the color too.
blue mooney said... (2/8/12 3:31 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone. Just to clarify, I don't think the cut-on facing is a negative, it just makes for soft folds which is one of the nice features of this top. And you can always topstitch the edge if you want more definition.
tsedai said... (2/8/12 12:13 PM) Reply
I like it! I just bought this pattern about a week ago, so I really appreciate the review and your discussion of the sizing and fit.
marec said... (2/8/12 11:39 AM) Reply
The drape of this beautiful top is so feminine and lovely on you. The color is one of my faves too. I wear this style a lot, and find that I must hem at different lengths depending upon the fabric used. If you hemmed it at the high hip, do you think the front would stay closed more easily?
babbling brook said... (2/8/12 9:44 AM) Reply
This top is a perfect combination of fit, pattern, and fabric type and color. It is very flattering on you! I would also like to make this top and am wondering if there is any way to overcome the cut-on front facing issue?
jennhpiper said... (2/8/12 6:37 AM) Reply
Lovely job on the top. I just finished the same pattern last week. I am happy with some of the fitting instructions but the unfinished collar and sizing were a challenge for me too.
BeaJay said... (2/8/12 1:36 AM) Reply
The drape is lovely and the colour beautiful. I think it looks great on you.
Christas said... (2/7/12 10:13 PM) Reply
I think the top looks very nice on you.
ArtAttack said... (2/7/12 9:48 PM) Reply
I think it is very pretty on you. With time you will probably decide whether you really like it or not. I've wondered about this pattern and been on the fence about it. Thanks for the thorough review...
marthamyers said... (2/7/12 9:19 PM) Reply
The soft drape is evident in the picture and looks lovely. I'm often uncomfortable in a drape front for the reasons you mention. But it does look very attractive on you.
coudcoud said... (2/7/12 8:29 PM) Reply
Looks very pretty on you in spite of the issues you discuss in your review.

BurdaStyle Magazine 08-2012-112