Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2288 (Misses' and Women's Sportswear)

Reviewed by:marec

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Pants    Skirts
NVK said... (3/19/12 5:19 PM) Reply
Thank you for noticing my review. I like your cardigan, it looks great in the photo. 100 pattern reviews- Wow I'm impressed!
cindyann said... (3/19/12 3:33 PM) Reply
Love that color! I sometimes don't make the best pattern/fabric pairing myself. Thanks for the review.
Patti B said... (3/19/12 10:42 AM) Reply
It looks like a handy cardigan in a great color but definitely could use some zip. Drat, hate it when our clever ideas turn out sort of 'meh.' The jacket has real potential; hope that is more satisfying to you.
Margaret said... (3/19/12 7:12 AM) Reply
The color looks great on you, and I hope it'll be useful as an open cardigan. Sorry you are not completely happy with it -- hope the jacket works out better if you decide to sew it.
ArtAttack said... (3/18/12 11:35 PM) Reply
It's really cute... I bet you get a lot of wear out of it...love the color on you
marthamyers said... (3/18/12 8:52 PM) Reply
I can see why the color swayed you. It's delicious. And it is wonderful with your coloring. I'm surprised the RPL was too flimsy. I think of it as having quite a bit of body, but I guess it varies a lot.
cairncrew said... (3/18/12 7:05 PM) Reply
The color is luscious and looks great on you. I know what you mean about matching knit weights and patterns. I have a hard time with that myself. In fat I just have a hard time with knits in general. I'm glad it has ended being wearable for you though.
Amanda.Claire said... (3/18/12 3:22 PM) Reply
Cute cardi! I love the color too. Sorry it was not the best pattern for this use. I am glad you posted the not so stellar results. It is really helpful in the pattern database to have all kinds of reviews.
persevering said... (3/18/12 2:33 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this - your result is great - and the issues you had that you explained to us help us with our sewing challenges and hopefully more confidence with all our sewing.
Immelu said... (3/18/12 12:25 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your 100th pattern review! I love the color!

TAILORED JACKET - A CD Book by Kenneth King