Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Tilda Tunic (Tilda Tunic)

Reviewed by:Baba Yaga

About Baba Yaga
Member since: 1/6/09
Posted on:2/11/12 10:42 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
GrannyT said... (8/15/13 10:18 PM) Reply

GrannyT said... (8/15/13 10:18 PM) Reply
I have purchased this pattern and it will be my first StyleArc pattern to sew. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your information - I will pay attention to the shoulder width before it becomes a problem. I am still not sure about the sizing. I bought a size one up from the measurements, which is a size smaller than I would use in a US pattern. I plan to make a full tummy addition, figuring that will be easier than trying to fit shoulder and neckline seams in this style. I also planned to ADD an inch, at least, to the inside of the neckline edge - usually necklines are too big for me (post mastectomy, my faux bosoms are small in relationship to the rest of me and my shoulders are very narrow as well.) This should increase the width of shoulders, but be sure I will make sure the shoulders are wide enough. I also don't usually wear a drop sleeve, but I really like the basic style, so I'm going to make sure it's long enough. Just hope I don't end up spending so much time adjusting the pattern that I lose the easy construction!
Baba Yaga said... (2/11/12 3:06 PM) Reply
My garment's neckline is actually about 3" longer in circumference than it should be, because my miserable fabric stretched so much. So perhaps the pattern's neckline, properly constructed, would suit you just fine. Note that the description says you'll need to wear the top over a camisole. However, my issue is that the shoulders are too narrow, so narrowing the neckline would make the fit of the garment even worse.
mastdenman said... (2/11/12 1:26 PM) Reply
I like the way this top looks too. But it seems the neck opening is waaaay to wide. The average shoulder is between 4 and 5 inches in length. This means that the tunic would hang off one shoulder (or both) all the time, and I hate that feeling. Could you bring the neckline in a couple of inches at least?

Violette Field Threads Stella