Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8793 (Misses Top)

Reviewed by:sfshaza

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Whistle said... (1/13/15 8:04 PM) Reply
How clever of you to split the front and back - it really works, and the asymetric hem really suits it (and you!) Love the fabric mix on the black and white top. Many thanks for the tips on your blog too.
patternseeker said... (5/3/14 7:24 PM) Reply
Thank you for the detailed blog post,especially the discussion of constructing the collar. I'm almost done sewing my T, but the number of layers in the collar is daunting and I needed to read up on how others handled it. Sounds like I just need to sew carefully to avoid puckers. Thanks again!
Leslie Bonner said... (6/29/12 7:40 PM) Reply
Fantastic top,thanks for helpful blog post.
Barbara V said... (2/13/12 4:14 PM) Reply
Agree - love that wonderful collar. Your tops looks fabulous - so creative!
Marge99 said... (2/13/12 2:12 PM) Reply
Ooh, that is a nice collar - I hadn't noticed it on the pattern picture. Your version looks great.
DorothyK said... (2/13/12 10:48 AM) Reply
Both tops are fabulous. I particularly love the black and white version. I didn't look closely enough at this pattern when it came out, but now I will definitely have to get it. Love your hair.
sewbehind said... (2/13/12 10:25 AM) Reply
Your tops looks great on you. I like the blend of fabric patterns on it. Your review is very helpful, particularly the photos that show how the zippers are used. I can see how you would want soft zippers with no bends in them. It would look edgier with the chunky steel teeth, but comfort must prevail.
lcdrbetty said... (2/13/12 7:52 AM) Reply
Totally love your tops & your informative review! This is my next project...if I EVER finish Fault Line jacket!! When sewing knits I use a thin wooden skewer. Lay it on your stitch line right in front of the needle. Apply gentle pressure...works beautifully for me. I break the skewer so it is about 6" long.
sew2little said... (2/12/12 6:52 PM) Reply
I just put a load of knit scraps in my scrap drawer; maybe they need to re-emerge! Great tops.
kkkkaty said... (2/12/12 2:11 PM) Reply
I just finished this yesterday and hope to post a review soon. Same experience, you need two zippers, and there is only one view..... good pattern for using up beautiful remnants under a yard! Your top looks great, I love the pieced fabrics!
FloraNature said... (2/12/12 1:01 PM) Reply
Fabulous! Love the B/W version - much nicer than the models' - there's lots of scope for creative piecing with this pattern. You did a great job!
JPForster said... (2/12/12 8:54 AM) Reply
Yes - very complimentary! You did a lovely job!
pdiddly said... (2/12/12 4:30 AM) Reply
beautiful
goosegreen said... (2/12/12 1:31 AM) Reply
Love this! You've done a fabulous job.
Jrhee said... (2/11/12 10:36 PM) Reply
I've had my eye on this pattern since it came out, and now after seeing the collar up close, I want it even more. The next time it goes on sale, it is coming to mama!
NancyZL said... (2/11/12 9:10 PM) Reply
Very classy looking! Great combinations!
AuntieShel said... (2/11/12 7:50 PM) Reply
Wow, this is great and may I say, you didn't waste any time sewing this one up--it just came out! You have convinced me to buy it (on the next sale!) Noticed a few $32 patterns in the new Vogue book!
marthamyers said... (2/11/12 7:45 PM) Reply
Me, too! They are such fun and flattering tops. And what a great use of remnants.
ButtonFaith said... (2/11/12 5:49 PM) Reply
love, love, love it!
Amanda.Claire said... (2/11/12 5:44 PM) Reply
Sweet! Your review is so helpful and your tops are too cute. I have quite a lot of knit scraps myself.
Elke said... (2/11/12 5:36 PM) Reply
Very cute tops...looks great on you!
jlg said... (2/11/12 4:29 PM) Reply
Great tops. Thanks for the review.
Knitz said... (2/11/12 4:26 PM) Reply