Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2246 (Misses' & Miss Petite Sportswear)

Reviewed by:loti

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops

Other Projects by loti using this Pattern

luckeyone said... (3/15/12 9:53 AM) Reply
Love the details and the thought you put into this!
SewOm said... (2/17/12 7:20 PM) Reply
Wow - that pattern is bright, cheerful and gorgeous. And the trim on the placket is beautiful. Congrats on making such a fabulous dress.
persevering said... (2/16/12 1:57 PM) Reply
Wow, you ROCK! Your answer is so very helpful!
loti said... (2/16/12 12:51 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone, I even have a pair of pink sandals to wear with it. perservering - I feel your pain, when I started sewing again it seemed I had more duds than successes. To answer your question, in some of the earlier reviews they mentioned that it ran small, so I measured. I will mention, I have already made this exact dress before, so it's been tested. The finished size 18 is B44", W42", H45" - it's really only fitted at the bust and has more ease at the waist than usual. On me 2" ease at the bust, 9" at the waist, and 4" at the hips. In a style like this I'm ok with 2" ease at the bust, you need at least that much for breathing ease. If you look at the other reviews, you'll see how it fits generally. It is not overly fitted, it's a simple design. What I will mention is that in the previous version, I removed the ease from the sleeve cap, on this version there are little gathers at the cap, but I left them because the fabric is so lightweight they collapse, and you don't notice them. Good luck on your future projects!!
persevering said... (2/16/12 11:48 AM) Reply
Thanks for your review. Can you please share why you chose to make a 18 instead of an 16 ... can you let us know how much ease there is between your personal measurements (bust/waist/hips) and the actual garment's measurements? More than 'paralysis to cut the Liberty' (thanks for blogging too), I'm blocked from cutting/sewing etc. and I really was fearless years ago and actually used to make most of my own clothes from patterns. Your sharing is encouraging and greatly appreciated. Oh yes, congratulations on your sewing success, I really like what you've done with the trim.
Margaret said... (2/16/12 11:27 AM) Reply
Very nice! Great details.
MaryDB said... (2/16/12 10:29 AM) Reply
How cute is that! Looks like just the thing to wear sashaying around this spring. Love it.
becca a said... (2/16/12 10:23 AM) Reply
Lovely dress! What a fabulous job you did hiding the pocket.
AuntieShel said... (2/15/12 8:10 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress!!
jannw said... (2/15/12 7:32 PM) Reply
Great pocket and pattern match! Looks like a fun dress to wear and so different from the first!
Claverie said... (2/15/12 6:23 PM) Reply
Very nice! Love that print. Thanks for all the pictures ;)
helenkosings said... (2/15/12 6:06 PM) Reply
I really love that print!
EleanorSews said... (2/15/12 6:02 PM) Reply
Nice work! The time it takes to do an "invisible" pocket is well worth it. As always, another lovely creation.

Sew Sweet Elizabeth Pleated Dress