Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> ks-swim (Swim & Action Wear Book)

Reviewed by:myeclecticmess

About myeclecticmessstar
Member since: 1/29/08
Posted on:2/19/12 9:39 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Swimwear    Activewear
Cultured Purl said... (5/20/12 9:23 PM) Reply
I LOVE this suit!!!!!! Could you do a razor back maybe? I have a Jalie pattern that is a razor back, wonder how that would work on the suit pattern, all I know is that my suits must stay up when I work out and I do not want them so low cut~ love yours, I have all the other Kwik Sew books from years ago and am bringing them out for the next generation now! Would love to sew some for not only me( 100 plus at Lands ENd several a year b/c I swim daily) but also for my DGDs, we all go boating in summer so they go thru them like crazy too! Am I correct to assume al the" harward" neccesary is shown how to sew in?? Thanks for the review,,,,,love the suit!
radollrose said... (3/21/12 12:12 PM) Reply
You've inspired me! I think I'll give this one a try!
Sheila457 said... (2/21/12 11:23 AM) Reply
The swin suit look great. I tried to leave a comment and error message appears.
tutti frutti said... (2/20/12 5:17 PM) Reply
Nice swimsuit!
Judy Kski said... (2/20/12 12:38 PM) Reply
I really like your swimsuit fabric combination. Wear it with pride as you look great in it.
persevering said... (2/20/12 10:39 AM) Reply
Thank you for posting about your experience with this swimsuit. It is flattering on you and I like it exactly as you've sewn it. I too have this book and did start to sew the basic tank style in the hopes of forever after making my own swimsuit. Mine is still an UFO after more than a year, so it is encouraging for me to see your success. (PS About the personal subject you've blogged about ... it is not easy, yet if you accept that it will take time and proceed as you are planning and maintain efforts thereafter in your lifestyle ... you be successful in this venture too.)
sewing for fun said... (2/19/12 11:12 PM) Reply
I have found it helpful to mover the straps closer to the center front and back. I really love your colors, as well as the added crossed straps in the back! I would go for more of an empire waist and perhaps some shirring across the tummy front. There is a Danglez swimsuit pattern you might like!
mary in FL said... (2/19/12 10:32 PM) Reply
I think your swim suit turned out nice! I understand the body image thing. I don't have the curvy waist indent that you have, and my belly sticks out more than my chest. I had the opposite experience at Joann's yesterday. I went to get 1/4" knit elastic and there was almost no elastic there -- because of the clearance I didn't know about. Apparently they are "Re-doing" the elastic display throughout the chain. It sounds suspiciously like "changing manufacturers."

Burda 7447

by: Lori V

Sew Liberated Clara Dress Pattern

Sew Liberated Clara Dress Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Details Express Shirt (Size XS-XL)

Islander Sewing Systems Details Express Shirt (Size XS-XL)