Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1042 (MISSES' JACKET, TOP, DRESS, SKIRT AND PANTS)

Reviewed by:Cation Designs

About Cation Designs
Member since: 4/13/11
Posted on:2/24/12 4:43 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Pants    Skirts

Sweater knit fabrics

Quincunx said... (9/21/12 8:58 PM) Reply
Oh crap, we were supposed to interface the entire bodice?! Thank goodness at least ONE of us reviewers read the instructions. . .eventually. . . I admit to being puzzled. If Vogue drafts for wide shoulders, you have wide shoulders (and an easier time with the straps than us narrow shoulder reviewers), and the bust placement was _still_ that far wrong that you had to eliminate the gap between the cups entirely (which I, at least, did not), I cannot visualize their fit model at all. The plain tulle skirt is fabulous, no qualifiers needed. It has the proper attitude. And you had great instincts on putting a dramatically different skirt on this bodice even if it was 'choir dress red'.
tsedai said... (2/25/12 7:49 PM) Reply
Lovely dress!
ak21 said... (2/25/12 4:18 PM) Reply
gorgeous
GoodbyeValntino said... (2/25/12 1:13 PM) Reply
I'm glad you finished the dress and it looks lovely on you! love the blog pictures.
Judy Kski said... (2/25/12 11:53 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! It fits perfectly. All you time and effort was well worth it.
norie creates said... (2/25/12 10:09 AM) Reply
It looks great despite the problems. A very beautiful dress and the end result is all that matters : )
sing201 said... (2/25/12 8:40 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous!
Sassy T said... (2/25/12 8:09 AM) Reply
Beautiful!
Margie T said... (2/25/12 1:07 AM) Reply
I'm so glad that you finished it - it's beautiful!
Renee' S said... (2/24/12 8:55 PM) Reply
I read your blog comments too and believe me no one is looking any wrinkles, your dress looks fabulous !!
Vintage Joan said... (2/24/12 5:36 PM) Reply
It's stunning!! I read your comments on the blog, about wrinkles and other problems, but all I see is a wonderful dress that looks amazing on you!
nickelc624 said... (2/24/12 5:26 PM) Reply
I think your dress is beautiful. I love the zipper and the skirt.

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS