Pattern Reviews> Burda> 2569 (Burda 2569 co-ordinates)

Reviewed by:Sherril Miller

About Sherril Millerstarstarstarstar
Posted on:11/14/04 9:10 PM
Last Updated:3/31/11 12:56 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
MNBarb said... (3/31/11 1:15 PM) Reply
I can easily understand why you've made these pants numerous times. The are perfect for you. I also have to eliminate that hip curve. I'm wondering more about the fabric. Is it substantial? Does it get baggy, lose it's shape? It is very staticky in the winter?
mssewcrazy said... (3/31/11 7:42 AM) Reply
I am really happy I hunted down this pattern when you first recommended it as I really love the pants you have made. Ditto what Karla said about pattern stashing behavior paying off.This is a really good pants pattern from the looks of these.
Schnauzer said... (3/31/11 1:33 AM) Reply
These pants look fabulous on you!
LynneMR said... (3/31/11 0:08 AM) Reply
Lovely pants - the fabric looks beautiful and they are a great fit.
JenSews2 said... (3/2/09 10:41 AM) Reply
Great pants! Thanks for the details. I think that is an interesting waist treatment and may need to try it!
Elona said... (2/27/09 10:17 PM) Reply
Great, great-looking pants (and ensemble), Sherrill!
Karla Kizer said... (12/4/04 7:27 PM) Reply
Sherril, these pants are fantastic. The entire outfit is. I can certainly see why you've used the pattern over and over; I would,too! Good review. Thanks. EDIT: I just clicked on the pattern pic and discovered that I HAVE THIS PATTERN! Pattern-stashing behavior pays off. It's a good day.... EDIT#2 (sigh) Expensive review. I just went to Emmaonesock and ordered more RPL.....Now it's a REALLY good day. ;-)
Mini said... (12/4/04 6:10 PM) Reply
Great job! I hope this pattern is still in print-somehow I missed seeing it in the catalog. Burda is so wonderful for those of us with the big torso/thin legs combination.
moushka said... (12/4/04 10:10 AM) Reply
Sherrill, what great pants! All the versions look good on you, and what a terrific fit in the back. That's always the hardest part. I rarely shop for RTW, so I very much appreciated the RPL explanation. Will look for some the next time I'm fabric shopping.
Danvillegirl said... (11/15/04 6:20 PM) Reply
I love your pants also. They look very flattering on you, legs not too wide; nice drape, etc.
AnneM said... (11/15/04 3:11 PM) Reply
What nice outfits. Your pants are great; really a good sell for this pattern!
Athelas said... (11/15/04 3:10 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the details; I think I need to make a smaller size on the legs too and never thought of that!
PhyllisC said... (11/15/04 10:25 AM) Reply
You look fabulous! Great job on the fit.
Rebecca D said... (11/15/04 10:15 AM) Reply
These pants look great.
Darla in PA said... (11/15/04 6:53 AM) Reply
Sherril, your pants look great! That pant style is one of my favorites. I have several with the invisible zipper. I only wish I could make a pair of pants that look as nice as yours.
Fran G said... (11/15/04 6:53 AM) Reply
These pants are a great fit, Sherril! I especially love your plum version...very thorough review..thanks..I like your alteration method to reduce the thigh width..plan to try that one.
Barbara J said... (11/15/04 3:52 AM) Reply
These pants fit you nicely Sherril, thanks for the informative review. I've tried two Burda pants, and like them, will try this too.
Levone said... (11/14/04 11:42 PM) Reply
These pants look great on you.
pharmercoon said... (11/14/04 11:14 PM) Reply
They look terrific-no wonder you love the pattern! Kay
Debbie Cook said... (11/14/04 10:52 PM) Reply
Sherril, these and the plum version are very flattering on you! I wish I had this pattern right now because I want to sew up some knit pants.
Modiste Madness said... (11/14/04 10:40 PM) Reply
Thanks for the thorough review. I think I may have to try the pattern.
Elona said... (11/14/04 10:37 PM) Reply
Terrific pants; terrific outfit! Congratulations.
BjP said... (11/14/04 10:17 PM) Reply
Hmmm...methinks I need to try this Burda pattern for pants. I also have thin legs but a thick middle and so I haven't even attempted any. Thanks for the good review - your pants look great, front and back! :) I see you do a custom fit waistband very similar to what I do and glad it also works for you!
Sew Jane said... (11/14/04 10:06 PM) Reply
Sherril you look slim ,trim and gorgeous in your beautiful custom pants! You have conquered the pants! Congrats!

BurdaStyle Magazine 12-2013-128B