Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1205 (Marseilles Top)

Viewed 2048 times
Reviewed by:Sherril Miller

About Sherril Millerstarstarstarstar
Posted on:11/14/04 10:05 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
Nancywin said... (12/1/06 4:18 PM) Reply
I agree with the others. I would not have noticed the "issues" unless you had pointed them out. Thanks for the great review. I am planning on making this pattern soon and now know to make a few changes. I love your black print fabric!
JoleneF said... (11/16/04 10:57 AM) Reply
Sherril, I think it looks really good.
Mini said... (11/16/04 10:17 AM) Reply
Sherrill, as usual you did a great job of solving the fitting problems and making a problem pattern look really perfect. This pattern had several things that I personally disliked: outdated dropped shoulder, overly low armholes, badly drafted collar, and too tight neck opening on the collar version. All in all, not up to TS's usual standard.
Danvillegirl said... (11/15/04 6:18 PM) Reply
Nice top.
KarenP said... (11/15/04 5:30 PM) Reply
Your top looks very nice - excellent placement of the print on the front! This pattern is on my to-do list. I will be re-reading your helpful review before I make it.
AnneM said... (11/15/04 4:13 PM) Reply
I can see some tightness in the sleeve, although not without you mentioning it! It is a nice looking style.
Lisa Laree said... (11/15/04 12:35 PM) Reply
I agree -- the fitting problems don't show in the picture, but I know what you mean about being unhappy with something you wanted to be great. Morphing the style details onto a TNT pattern is a great idea!
Georgene said... (11/15/04 9:06 AM) Reply
Sherril, due to the great print, I can't see any of the details you feel didn't work out in your photos. It may be one of those tops that only you know where the problems are, everyone else will be giving compliments. It looks very flattering to me. Taking the details to you TNT pattern is a good idea. Gigi is right, many Loes Hinse patterns I've seen made up have the too-narrow sleeve.
Gigi Louis said... (11/15/04 7:33 AM) Reply
It looks really nice on you! Loes' patterns tend to have very slender sleeves - that could explain the tightness through the bicep.
edube said... (11/14/04 11:31 PM) Reply
I agree--very nice job and nice print too!
SueV said... (11/14/04 11:17 PM) Reply
Nice! It looks really good on you too!

TROUSER DRAFT - A CD book by Kenneth King