Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7862 (Shoulder Bag)

Reviewed by:Lisette

About Lisettestar
MD
Member since: 11/2/02
Posted on:11/15/04 4:27 PM
Last Updated:11/15/04 4:29 PM

See other patterns in this category: Accessories
Lisette said... (12/27/04 9:39 AM) Reply
Nec, I did not add a gusset, I made it as designed. Melody, the pattern includes a petite version which I will make for my mom, thanks for pointing out the opposite side for those who are tall.
Melody said... (11/28/04 1:28 PM) Reply
I love your bag. You did a great job on it. I'm sure your cousin will be thrilled. I made this up last year but I ran into a problem that others like me should be aware of. I'm 5'8" and I have a large bustline and a longer than normal torso. The bag was too short. In order to fix it I'll have to add a piece in the top of the strap. It'll be fine but just a heads up for those of us who have to make those kinds of adjustments.
Nec said... (11/20/04 11:05 PM) Reply
very nice bag, did you sew a gusset at bottom of the main compartment?
Hilary said... (11/17/04 7:40 PM) Reply
Nice job! I made this also and gave it to my mother-she loves it! I want to make another someday :o) with a horizontal zipper instead. I like your "suede" version, it looks great!
Lisette said... (11/16/04 11:15 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone for your comments. Elaine she just said to use the back piece for the front, slash it where you would like the zipper to be and add seam allowances.
Elaine Penney said... (11/16/04 7:26 AM) Reply
Very nice job. I have made this bag, also. I tested it with a home dec fabric from Joanne's flat fold table. I'm 5'2" and made the shorter bag. It fits my body and carries exceptionally well. I find the center zipper awkward, though. I plan to make it again from a nice fabric and will definitely do a horizontal zipper. Any tips on Sandra's horizontal placement?
AnneM said... (11/16/04 7:20 AM) Reply
I've been eyeing this pattern (& the similar Kwik-Sew), since they seem so practical. You will have to travel over to Barcelona to give this to your cousin. I'm also not comfortable w/ that vertical zipper.
Danvillegirl said... (11/16/04 5:28 AM) Reply
Great job, very nice bag. smvite-when you put things in the bag, does it still hang nice loaded up?
PattiK said... (11/15/04 9:16 PM) Reply
Great job! I too have to make this pattern at least mine is in the to do pile :-)
Gail S said... (11/15/04 8:52 PM) Reply
I have this pattern but have yet to make it up. So many patterns and fabrics, so little time! Very nice job. I'm sure your cousin will love it.
SueV said... (11/15/04 5:18 PM) Reply
I've made this purse andit's great! Very comfortable. I want to make another, but do the zipper horizontally. I feel that my "loot" will fall out when opening the verticle zipper. But I love the compartments in the straps for my phone and small stuff.

by: LM2HYD