Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1277 (Misses Reversible Jacket)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:2/29/12 5:12 PM
Last Updated:2/29/12 5:16 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Vesta Patterns

Grace Buchanan said... (7/21/15 3:48 PM) Reply
What a beautiful way to use some of your stash! I love your construction method; it makes so much sense, considering that this is an adaptation of an applique garment.
Nancywin said... (10/7/14 8:10 PM) Reply
I love this!
sew2little said... (3/4/12 4:10 PM) Reply
Ann, I missed this when you posted it. It's just spectacular. I always wonder how often you wear a piece of clothing since you have so many, but I suspect this one will see the light of day quite often! It is so you.
JillyBe said... (3/2/12 11:41 PM) Reply
I already commented on your blog, but I'll say it again - STUNNING! And great tips too :)
Sue Parrott said... (3/2/12 7:31 PM) Reply
I have to say that when I saw the pattern evenlope, I wasn't that excited about the jacket but your version is super cute! It looks very nice on you!
whistlin dixie said... (3/2/12 6:40 PM) Reply
Love your combination of fabrics. Great colors on you!
pdiddly said... (3/1/12 3:53 PM) Reply
Wow what a beautiful jacket and as others have said using fabric from your stash - I too have some fabrics that are older than my children (the oldest being 29) so just proves never to throw anything away. I keep looking at this pattern because I do love it - just waiting for a discount day on the Vogue patterns.
mtnbluebird said... (3/1/12 10:45 AM) Reply
What a fabuluous jacket. All of the design elements really make this jacket pop. What a great way to use your stash.
Mary Ann said... (3/1/12 10:13 AM) Reply
Ann, truly a masterpiece. Thank you for sharing your creation and your construction tips. You look absolutely stunning wearing this.
Molliefran said... (3/1/12 7:19 AM) Reply
Gorgeous job! I'm collecting fabrics for this pattern. It may take a year or two to get it right. Your construction techniques are perfect. The pattern companies are far behind.
Barbara V said... (2/29/12 10:45 PM) Reply
Just so wonderfully gorgeous! Your applique construction technique was a smart choice and use of wire in the collar quite clever for achieving the results you wanted. A lovely masterpiece!
VogueMistress said... (2/29/12 7:48 PM) Reply
Another beauty from your workroom!
lmg said... (2/29/12 7:07 PM) Reply
Just gorgeous. And I like how you combined your fabrics a talent I do not have.
Patti B said... (2/29/12 6:48 PM) Reply
Wow, what a stunner of a jacket! Love everything about it.
mm said... (2/29/12 6:31 PM) Reply
The complete outfit is a triumph and thanks for the construction hints.
sfshaza said... (2/29/12 6:27 PM) Reply
Oh, Ann, Ann, Ann. You used my colors, too. This is a work of art. Truly gorgeous. Thanks for all the tips in case I ever make this. If I do, I may steal your color scheme. :D
FreyaStark said... (2/29/12 6:20 PM) Reply
You are brave even to have attempted such a complex pattern, and the result is a triumph. The fabrics all work well together.
DorothyK said... (2/29/12 6:09 PM) Reply
This jacket truly is a masterpiece, and you look great in it. How wonderful it was to have all the fabric in your stash. Love the wire technique.
mhoutz said... (2/29/12 6:05 PM) Reply
Oh, Ann, how very beautiful! (and my colors, too!) I think I like this the best of any I've seen. Thank you for the good directions and rationale of why you did what you did. I'm going to get some of that wire, too!
kkkkaty said... (2/29/12 6:03 PM) Reply
Oh. my gosh, thanks for the wonderful review and the glimpse of your gorgeous coat, so inspiring! I love your alternate constructions method, sounds very reasonable and much smarter!
jlg said... (2/29/12 5:58 PM) Reply
Ann, I love it. Dramatic is the perfect description.
Aixoise said... (2/29/12 5:57 PM) Reply
This is amazing on you. Your fabric combo is stunning. Love the tip about the wire - must get some of that!
marthamyers said... (2/29/12 5:25 PM) Reply
Wonderful piece, Ann. Thanks for your detailed review including a great explanation of your technique. Much better than that in the pattern. Some day I may make this one too. So interesting!
manola6176 said... (2/29/12 5:17 PM) Reply
How fabulous that you could all those fantastic fabric from your collection. The result is superb.