Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2723 (Pants, Top and shorts)

Reviewed by:treefrog

About treefrogstarstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 2/13/08
Posted on:2/29/12 8:33 PM

See other patterns in this category: Activewear

Other Projects by treefrog using this Pattern

julie w said... (12/31/13 8:06 PM) Reply
Wonderful! Thank you for sharing how you constructed the bra liner.
wendyrb said... (3/15/12 9:36 PM) Reply
I'm definitely bookmarking this! Your intrepid experiment has got me inspired. It looks like you had a terrific success with your first try. I really need an underwire, but maybe a low stretch knit and a more sports bra approach could work. Thanks!
annakeeton said... (3/2/12 8:11 PM) Reply
Thanks for this helpful review. I've had this pattern in my stash for AGES and this is motivation to finally try it.
Judy Kski said... (3/1/12 2:34 PM) Reply
I'm really impressed with your results. I need support in my bathing suit for the girls, but a shelf bra is almost useless. I think I'll be asking a lot of questions in class when I meet with The Bra Lady for a workshop this month. A combination of your review and what I learn in class should help out tremendously.
Margaret said... (3/1/12 11:53 AM) Reply
This looks great -- glad it worked out well! Main thing I've heard about bras is that there's supposed to be essentially no stretch in the bridge, and optionally no stretch in the cups either... but you probably knew that already. Not sure how that translates to a lining type that would have to be pullover, but I guess maybe there'd have to be some extra stretch?
marec said... (3/1/12 0:35 AM) Reply
So interesting! I love the top, and the board shorts. Your husband is a gem, you know that, don't you?
KathleenS said... (2/29/12 10:55 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the information on how you went about this. I've also been wondering how to improve on the standard shelf bra. I'm glad it was worthwhile, and the top looks nice (from the outside) too.
jannw said... (2/29/12 9:07 PM) Reply
Wonderful top!! It's so nice when experiments and/or ideas work out!!

by: MrsCharism...