Pattern Reviews> Burda Plus Fashion Magazine> 02-2003-405 (Burda Plus Capri Pants)

Reviewed by:brissie71

About brissie71star
Member since: 11/6/07
Posted on:3/1/12 10:00 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

idesign said... (4/24/12 4:46 PM) Reply
You really worked hard to get such a good fit and worth it with those results.
sewingformeWP said... (3/13/12 10:11 AM) Reply
That's a great pair of white pants! Great work!
Elaray said... (3/6/12 9:29 PM) Reply
On my next day off, I'm going to watch as many of the Silhouette recasts that I can! Great review and great pants!
Kayseri said... (3/3/12 4:43 AM) Reply
What a great looking pair of pants, well worth all your effort.
waikikimum said... (3/3/12 4:21 AM) Reply
Your pants look lovely and the fit is great. I have the same problem with the fabric getting caught up on my calves and the pulling at the inner thigh. I am still trying to get a great pair of pants but getting closer all the time. As you said, a positive is that what I sew fits a whole lot better than RTW. Congratulations.
brissie71 said... (3/3/12 0:44 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the lovely comments. I think I may have made my fitting process sound like more work than it actually was! It wasn't that involved. The real work is still to come, I fear. I'm at the point where I'm not sure what to try next. THIS is normally the point where I give up.
sewing for fun said... (3/2/12 10:11 PM) Reply
Wow! They look great. I admire your persistence. I have a similar problem with the excess fabric in the rear. I did a few muslins of the style arc linda pant and got worn out ans ort of lost interest before finishing the final version... all it's missing is the waistband - how lazy am I?!
nicegirl said... (3/2/12 10:20 AM) Reply
You are tenacious! They really are looking good, though. Nice fit.
annie11 said... (3/2/12 9:09 AM) Reply
These look wonderful! Your hard work has definitely paid off with a very sharp looking pair of pants.
Denise L Perry said... (3/2/12 7:51 AM) Reply
I think they look fantastic! I am hoping one day to have the fortitude to spend the amount of time on fitting that you have.
Renata said... (3/2/12 6:44 AM) Reply
They look good, and prefer the longer look to shorter capri style.
RLL said... (3/2/12 5:46 AM) Reply
I agree that these are looking really good and they are comfortable and wearable....what more can you ask for? BUT...I thought I was looking at my backside when I saw your version 3 back! I have done many of the same alterations as you and ended with the exact same back appearing to pull at the inner thigh and hanging up on the calf. I wish I had the answer for you......and me! My brain got tired so I have given up for awhile working on the fix. Good luck!
lynny said... (3/2/12 1:30 AM) Reply
The fit of your pants looks really good, you must be so pleased with the results. Well worth the effort you have gone to.
margk said... (3/1/12 11:47 PM) Reply
Wow! A lot of work, but so worth it. These are looking good.

Christine Jonson Straight Shirt