Pattern Reviews> My Image Magazine> M1204 (Cap Sleeve Dress)

Reviewed by:21wale

About 21walestarstarstarstar
MN United States
Member since: 6/25/08
Posted on:3/2/12 7:56 PM
tigergirl said... (3/3/12 6:02 PM) Reply
Love this dress. I've been wanting to make a dress like this with the french darts and cap sleeves and keep wondering whether it's a fit that will work on me - it certainly works on you.
nellc said... (3/3/12 1:02 PM) Reply
Your dress is lovely and the shaping from the darts is very nice. This pattern is one I want to make from this issue so it is good to see a positive review.
marec said... (3/3/12 10:48 AM) Reply
Wow, nice dress for spring! I love the chic design and the robin's egg blue of the fabric. really beautiful.
pdiddly said... (3/3/12 4:14 AM) Reply
your dress looks really nice
21wale said... (3/2/12 9:37 PM) Reply
sewnotwork...I don't know if I can explain this well, but since this is a multisize pattern, I traced the smallest size (or biggest if you're grading up), slid the pattern over so the line matched up with the next bigger size and retraced the smallest size line. I did it separately for each line of the dart. I actually slid it two sizes because I was grading two sizes. The key to understanding if you're doing it right is to note whether you're moving the whole dart toward center front (for a smaller size) or toward the side seam (for a larger size). If that's not clear, ask again, and I can take a photo and blog it.
sewnotwork said... (3/2/12 8:44 PM) Reply
How did you alter the French darts? I wonder how to do that myself?
sewnotwork said... (3/2/12 8:44 PM) Reply
How did you alter the French darts? I wonder how to do that myself?

Decades of Style #4003