Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1997 (Misses' Dress and Coat)

Reviewed by:lauramae

About lauramaestar
Member since: 4/28/09
Posted on:3/10/12 5:39 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
ghijsmom said... (3/12/12 9:57 AM) Reply
Hi Laura. I love to read your reviews and blog. This dress is gorgeous, as always. Congratulations on your Bernina 330.
Pamaro said... (3/11/12 3:23 PM) Reply
Omigosh, it is beautiful. Such a lovely color and style on you.
Dianne22 said... (3/11/12 9:39 AM) Reply
Laura, thank you for your through reviews and your thought provoking blog. If we sewers would look at our work as art, it might help us to slow down and appreciate the act of creating rather than just wanting to finish a "project." I also love that you point out what you feel doesn't work as well as you hoped--how many times has that happened to each of us. Beautiful work.
Sue Parrott said... (3/11/12 9:27 AM) Reply
So very pretty! The pattern link is to a modern simplicity top, are you able to change it to the vintage? I'd love to see the pattern you used!
Athene said... (3/11/12 1:13 AM) Reply
A beautiful fresh spring look. Enjoyed your blog and the tip to top stitch clipped areas such as the kimono sleeves.
lauramae said... (3/11/12 1:06 AM) Reply
FreyaStark - I like to hand stitch my zippers for a truly vintage finish and more control. After seeing a Balenciaga couture dress in person with a hand stitched lapped zipper I have been a true convert.
FreyaStark said... (3/11/12 0:38 AM) Reply
Fabulous! Why did you stitch the zipper by hand: do you think it gives a better finish, or do you not have a zipper foot?
mizvi said... (3/10/12 11:36 PM) Reply
Fun!
GoodbyeValntino said... (3/10/12 6:37 PM) Reply
I always look forward to seeing your projects! Other than Mondrian, art inspired clothes have not been too obvious to me... Hmmmmmm maybe I haven't been paying attention. Love your blog and review :)
zoe said... (3/10/12 6:17 PM) Reply
You do such beautiful work!

Understanding Knit Fabrics