Pattern Reviews> My Image Magazine> Winter 2010 M1003 (M1003 Cardigan)

Reviewed by:Karen6790

About Karen6790starstarstarstar
PA USA
Member since: 3/2/06
Posted on:3/9/12 11:57 PM

Levone said... (3/12/12 3:36 PM) Reply
Thanks for the reply Karen! I was thinking I was 'missing' it somewhere in the magazine.
GoodbyeValntino said... (3/10/12 6:46 PM) Reply
I saw this on your blog and meant to comment. This is a beautiful sweater. I've never bought the magazine but may give it a try.
Karen6790 said... (3/10/12 2:10 PM) Reply
Levone, their fabric recommendations are a little sketchy, I grant you that. The best I can say is to use your own experience and to add wider seam allowances than usual and work from there. If logic tells you it should be a stretch fabric and they don't, then go for it. Sometimes we learn more without being told, you just have to blunder around in the dark for a while to get there. :)
Levone said... (3/10/12 8:47 AM) Reply
Gorgeous sweater! You added a lot of nice details to it as well. Thanks for such a helpful review! I have bought a couple of these magazines as well, however I am confused as I don't see 'Fabric Recommendations' (i.e. cotton, knit, jean, etc.) other than to use a stretchable fabric on only a few. Am I missing this somewhere in the instructions??? I've seen quite a few tees but those don't mention to use a stretchable fabric, so it's quite confusing.
tsedai said... (3/10/12 0:57 AM) Reply
Looks great! I just made this pattern and I have to agree - it's great!
Mary Stiefer said... (3/10/12 0:33 AM) Reply
This looks wonderful and it was a great review with lots of details and cute stories. Thanks.

by: idaaida