Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1287 (Misses Dress and Slip)

Reviewed by:Sue Parrott

About Sue Parrottstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/26/10
Posted on:3/4/12 9:55 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Lingerie
Sassy T said... (4/10/12 9:23 AM) Reply
Gosh I have this on my wishlist. May leave this a little lower down on the list. Thank you for the review.
Sue Parrott said... (3/20/12 6:52 PM) Reply
I used a 100% cotton for the muslin and what I didn't like was the constuction methods. I do think if you use a fairly stable knit it would have some possibility. Good luck, it will hopefully work for you!
vivadiva said... (3/20/12 1:38 PM) Reply
Oh no, I've already bought the pattern and purchased fabric. I will take this into account! Thank you for your honest review.
ArtAttack said... (3/18/12 5:58 PM) Reply
Dang! I just bought this pattern and had missed your review. What kind of fabric did you use? I assumed a 2 way stretch was required then I see it doesn't even require a knit, which I thought was very odd. If I make it I will use a stretchy knit. Plus, the fabric chart on the back is for 60" fabric which normally indicates a fabric with stretch. I was hopeful this would turn out cute but now I'm going to get fabric on sale for sure! thanks
Ingiepops said... (3/6/12 6:16 AM) Reply
Hi Sue, Thanks for your honest review. How disappointing! I will definitely take your advice into consideration if I should ever get around to sewing it up.

Sew Liberated Ashland Dress Pattern