Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8778 (Misees Top and Jacket)

Reviewed by:whistlin dixie

About whistlin dixiestar
MA USA
Member since: 5/17/07
Posted on:3/5/12 7:53 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Coat/Jacket
jjosiejo said... (1/17/14 11:49 AM) Reply
I have seen some fab snow tiger skin microfleece so I am planning to make this up in it sometime soon, thanks for the really helpful review. On the basis of this I think I might size down and try an FBA... Thanks!
jjosiejo said... (1/17/14 11:49 AM) Reply
Fabric Hog said... (3/1/13 9:16 PM) Reply
You are right about the color. It looks wonderful on you. And thanks for your tip about the color. I am going to make this pattern this weekend and even though my fabric has more body than yours, I may using some fusable interfacing on the collar. You might think about taking the collar apart on yours and interfacing it. -- and your topstitching is wonderful. I really enjoyed your tip about stopping the machine at the corner and finishing by hand. It really does look good.
whistlin dixie said... (1/12/13 6:08 PM) Reply
Goose - nearly a year later, and I haven't worn this at all this season. I just really don't like how it looks and feels on me. I hope you have better success with it, should you choose to make it.
goosegreen said... (1/11/13 4:15 PM) Reply
I love this. Thanks for the review
annakeeton said... (3/6/12 6:24 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket. This color combination with a navy zipper is super and I like how your collar turned out.
tess said... (3/6/12 6:05 AM) Reply
I think your jacket looks really great on you wear it with pride!
pdiddly said... (3/6/12 4:29 AM) Reply
great jacket
Sue Parrott said... (3/5/12 9:44 PM) Reply
How cool that Marcy emailed you with some suggestions for fabric. I think your jacket is fun and that you should wear it!

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Favorite Things The Frayed Jacket Pattern