Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8778 (Misees Top and Jacket)

Reviewed by:whistlin dixie

About whistlin dixiestar
MA USA
Member since: 5/17/07
Posted on:3/5/12 7:53 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Coat/Jacket
jjosiejo said... (1/17/14 11:49 AM) Reply
I have seen some fab snow tiger skin microfleece so I am planning to make this up in it sometime soon, thanks for the really helpful review. On the basis of this I think I might size down and try an FBA... Thanks!
jjosiejo said... (1/17/14 11:49 AM) Reply
Fabric Hog said... (3/1/13 9:16 PM) Reply
You are right about the color. It looks wonderful on you. And thanks for your tip about the color. I am going to make this pattern this weekend and even though my fabric has more body than yours, I may using some fusable interfacing on the collar. You might think about taking the collar apart on yours and interfacing it. -- and your topstitching is wonderful. I really enjoyed your tip about stopping the machine at the corner and finishing by hand. It really does look good.
whistlin dixie said... (1/12/13 6:08 PM) Reply
Goose - nearly a year later, and I haven't worn this at all this season. I just really don't like how it looks and feels on me. I hope you have better success with it, should you choose to make it.
goosegreen said... (1/11/13 4:15 PM) Reply
I love this. Thanks for the review
annakeeton said... (3/6/12 6:24 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket. This color combination with a navy zipper is super and I like how your collar turned out.
tess said... (3/6/12 6:05 AM) Reply
I think your jacket looks really great on you wear it with pride!
pdiddly said... (3/6/12 4:29 AM) Reply
great jacket
Sue Parrott said... (3/5/12 9:44 PM) Reply
How cool that Marcy emailed you with some suggestions for fabric. I think your jacket is fun and that you should wear it!

Violette Field Threads Stella