Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2588 (Misses and Miss Petite Dresses Project Runway Collection)

Reviewed by:evilincarKnit

About evilincarKnit
CA
Member since: 8/17/11
Posted on:3/7/12 1:09 AM
Last Updated:7/30/13 4:56 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
2ManyCats said... (3/30/14 1:04 PM) Reply
Love it! I am currently making this too and want to add piping to the neckline. Any tips on how to do this?
JeannieWatt said... (7/30/13 12:20 PM) Reply
This is so pretty. I'm going to have to make this dress. Thanks so much for posting.
SewWil said... (7/30/13 12:13 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress. Love the addition of the piping.
nicegirl said... (7/30/13 10:54 AM) Reply
Very pretty! I love your choice of the delicate floral print. The piping is awesome!
Jstarr4250 said... (7/30/13 6:44 AM) Reply
A great looking dress. I'm with you on piping and love how your blog came to be named.
JanieBee said... (7/30/13 6:42 AM) Reply
Love it! The piping around the yoke really adds a lot. The style and fit is very flattering. You inspire me to try this pattern that's been sitting too long in my sewing room. Thanks for sharing.
evilincarKnit said... (3/22/12 1:16 AM) Reply
Thanks Pammy! Sba means 'small bust adjustment' and in this instance I took 5/8" off the center front bodice piece so that it would fit my smaller chest. I've since made a third dress of this pattern, and bought fabric for two more...it's just the most perfect shape! I've worn it to the opera, to work, and to the grocery store and felt perfectly attired in each instance.
pammysarry said... (3/7/12 6:01 AM) Reply
Great result - like the neckline/sleeve option - and fabric choice is gorgeous. You've tipped scales for me - have some linen blend from fabric.com I want to make my first structured dress out of and couldn't decide between this or a vogue pattern. Simplicity 2588 is now up on the project board!! If I could slip in a newbie question....what is a 'sba'?

by: maubranben

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2014-122

by: tenderbutt...

PerfectFuse Light White

PerfectFuse Light White

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)